Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (March 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guards are much less so drafted based on potential, compared to forwards, but if you watched the games Ayo played well in, you saw an NBAer. I dont think he will leave this year, but the odds are probably closer to 50/50 than 0/100. His driving ability is NBA ready. His size is appealing. his 3 pt shot is obviously on the rise. If I'm a team in the backend of the draft (25-30), I think getting a guy like Ayo makes a lot of sense. Of course, it's based almost purely on potential.
I am not sure Ayp would be drafted if he came out. I doubt very much he would be a first round pick. I dont know that his driving ability is NBA ready. He is improving but still misses a lot of lay ups and forces things at times. I think he can mature with into a late first round pick after a few more years in CU.. I dont feel he will be a lottery pick since he isnt a JaMorant ir Drose type of athlete or elite elite shooter like most NBA lotteey pick Guards are but I hope he proves me wrong.
I hope he sticks around until we can land Adam Miller. I wonder how things are looking for us with him?

The Recruit

The Eternal Optimist
Denver, CO
Ayo and his family seem to be very level headed and smart about the process. They know he will be in the NBA (assuming no major injuries happen... knock on wood). I don't see them wanting to make the jump until he is a top 10-15 pick at least. The potential is certainly there, but it isn't there this year. I see him sticking around for another year, and truthfully, I can see him around for two more years. I just think he and his family are smart enough to be too anxious to rush the process just to be a mid to late first round pick. Also, in no way is this a knock on Ayo. But he has some development to work on as mentioned above by previous posters.

So, while we have Ayo, I hope he and his family go on the recruiting trail and help bring in more pieces to the puzzle like they were doing when he committed. :)

AZHOHoops

Scottsdale, AZ
I'm sorry. Can someone remind me who Holyfield ( the recruit that is) is and why he's a "lock"? No excuses, lost ILLINI fan in the desert.

201154JC

Rockford, IL

jmilt7

Waukegan
Tre Mitchell top 6 of IU, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, Providence, UMass, and Syracuse. Illini had offered.

Yeah, not only did Illini offer but didn't he plan on a visit and then canceled? Either he canceled or we did. Maybe I am thinking of someone else. Also, he was at one time a probable to ND. They aren't even on his final list anymore.

Wednesday's Leftovers: Dishing on UNC, Oklahoma State, Vols, more

Has Oklahoma State done enough to land Christian Brown?

The Cowboys sure have, but I would be surprised if Brown were to commit anytime soon. He has taken official visits to Clemson, Georgia and Oklahoma State this school year and last summer he visited UNLV. It looks as if none of these programs - except Oklahoma State - are still involved, which should bring great optimism to the Cowboys' fanbase. By all accounts, Brown's visit to Stillwater two weeks ago went great, and head coach Mike Boynton made sure to follow up with Brown by taking a visit to see him in South Carolina the following Monday.

The feeling is that Brown will take his two remaining official visits before committing. Illinois, NC State, South Carolina and Wichita State are among those in pursuit, and while a visit could change a thing or two, Oklahoma State is the current favorite.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...overs-dishing-on-unc-oklahoma-state-vols-more

It was mentioned on SFA's forum today that TJ Holyfield is going to transfer somewhere else. There was no mention of where he was going, but Illinois has been brought up in the past as a possibility. We all thought he was going to stick around since he elected to not participate in the senior night ceremony last weekend, but I guess we were wrong. He is somewhat of a king around town, so we will all hate to see him go. Regardless, everyone here hopes he succeeds wherever he goes.

We all had high expectations for our team this season, but injuries (including TJ) and dismissals doomed the season. TJ was one of our best. He plays defense well, can play in the paint, and can shoot from most anywhere on the court. It would be a little bittersweet to lose him to Underwood.

It was mentioned on SFA's forum today that TJ Holyfield is going to transfer somewhere else. There was no mention of where he was going, but Illinois has been brought up in the past as a possibility. We all thought he was going to stick around since he elected to not participate in the senior night ceremony last weekend, but I guess we were wrong. He is somewhat of a king around town, so we will all hate to see him go. Regardless, everyone here hopes he succeeds wherever he goes.

We all had high expectations for our team this season, but injuries (including TJ) and dismissals doomed the season. TJ was one of our best. He plays defense well, can play in the paint, and can shoot from most anywhere on the court. It would be a little bittersweet to lose him to Underwood.
Thanks for this information.
I hope that since he has decided to transfer it’s to us.

I know this is a long shot, but has there been any news about Precious Achiuwa?

This is just my opinion, but I think after the BTT, I really think the staff should start focusing on bringing in Achiuwa and going after him. Idk why, I just extremely want him on our team.

Let's finish our recruiting strong! I'm hearing some great possibilities may be coming. ILLINILOYALTY! 2019-2020!

This is just my opinion, but I think after the BTT, I really think the staff should start focusing on bringing in Achiuwa and going after him. Idk why, I just extremely want him on our team.

I think the snowball has the better chance of happening first...

Four-star Patterson may reclassify to 2019, discusses leaders

One of the class of 2020's top wing players,
Addison Patterson

has adjusted to a new situation and has schools prioritizing him as he prepares to decide not only a school but whether or not to remain in 2020 or enroll as a 2019 prospect.

Illinois: "I just like how real (Brad Underwood) is with me. He's saying that he needs me to come in and make an impact and that they really need me and that they really want me to come there. I could play right away and I'd maybe like to accept that role."

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...tizing-high-level-2020-wing-addison-patterson

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
The pipeline!!!

OptimalUnimportantAlbino-max-1mb.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.