Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (March 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Four-star Patterson may reclassify to 2019, discusses leaders

One of the class of 2020's top wing players,
Addison Patterson

has adjusted to a new situation and has schools prioritizing him as he prepares to decide not only a school but whether or not to remain in 2020 or enroll as a 2019 prospect.

Illinois: "I just like how real (Brad Underwood) is with me. He's saying that he needs me to come in and make an impact and that they really need me and that they really want me to come there. I could play right away and I'd maybe like to accept that role."

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...tizing-high-level-2020-wing-addison-patterson
Hopefully this kid commits to us for next year.

Didn’t see that one coming at all.

Even the analysts were saying he was planning on taking more visits.

He was all over the place with his recruitment.
Man, Georgia is bringing in a top class. Says Crean worked at an adidas camp after Indiana. That was a much smarter move to build relationships than working on tv!!

Jeff Goodman
@GoodmanHoops·26m

Since I tweeted this out two hours ago, Justin Pierce has heard from AZ, ND, Ohio St., NW, Illinois, BC, Stanford, USC, Michigan, Wisconsin., Butler, Gonzaga, Ga Tech, DePaul, Nevada and Ole Miss. Safe to say he’ll be a highly sought-after grad transfer.

Jeff Goodman
@GoodmanHoops

William & Mary’s Justin Pierce, a two-time all-CAA guy, told @Stadium he will leave as a grad transfer. Put up 14.9 points, 8.9 boards and 4.1 assists this season.

Last edited:

SycIllini

Sycamore, Illinois
Wonder if football commit Keith Randolph might want to play basketball also? He had 19 points tonight for Belleville West vs Curie. Not a high flyer by any means but, very strong. In fact Belleville West has quite a few beefy guys besides Lidell.

Khalil Whitney, your table is ready!

Zero chance unless Cal leaves unfortunately.

Both Whitney and Brooks will start for UK next year. UK fans say Herro, Keldon J, and Washington all are turning pro, so they'll have plenty of PT available on the wing.

SycIllini

Sycamore, Illinois
Have we shown any interest in Blake Peters from Evanston? Showed some pretty good 3 pt shooting last year in Peoria. 7-8 from 3 tonight as a sophomore against Rockford East. Not terribly big but, solid. 6’1”-185 according to program. Not going create his own shot much though did have a nice finish at the rim tonight. His 3 pt shooting is uncanny.

Jeff Goodman
@GoodmanHoops·26m

Since I tweeted this out two hours ago, Justin Pierce has heard from AZ, ND, Ohio St., NW, Illinois, BC, Stanford, USC, Michigan, Wisconsin., Butler, Gonzaga, Ga Tech, DePaul, Nevada and Ole Miss. Safe to say he’ll be a highly sought-after grad transfer.

Jeff Goodman
@GoodmanHoops

William & Mary’s Justin Pierce, a two-time all-CAA guy, told @Stadium he will leave as a grad transfer. Put up 14.9 points, 8.9 boards and 4.1 assists this season.

It's a shame we can't grab these guys when they come through the first time. He would have been the same class as Tejon Lucas and if I remember correctly we had an open scholarship that year.

Zero chance unless Cal leaves unfortunately.

Both Whitney and Brooks will start for UK next year. UK fans say Herro, Keldon J, and Washington all are turning pro, so they'll have plenty of PT available on the wing.
All this is true. I live in Kentucky there is no way kw comes here. Calipari I don't believe will make the jump to NBA, dude has his dream job and has it made guy is Jesus around here. It makes me sick.

It's a shame we can't grab these guys when they come through the first time. He would have been the same class as Tejon Lucas and if I remember correctly we had an open scholarship that year.

He had zero high major offers. Some kids just work that butt off and get better. He has a smooth stroke and gets it off pretty quick. Looks kinda like Duncan Robinson from Michigan. Yes, I probably only made that connection because they're both white lol.

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
All this is true. I live in Kentucky there is no way kw comes here. Calipari I don't believe will make the jump to NBA, dude has his dream job and has it made guy is Jesus around here. It makes me sick.

I feel your pain....I live over 4 hours away and the " Jesus " complex exists here also....UK would rather cheat and win a championship and if they get caught they have told me " SO WHAT , WE WON AND THATS ALL THAT MATTERS " and they really mean it....

Deleted member 173571

D
He had zero high major offers. Some kids just work that butt off and get better. He has a smooth stroke and gets it off pretty quick. Looks kinda like Duncan Robinson from Michigan. Yes, I probably only made that connection because they're both white lol.
Underwood needs to get this kid. He is the shooter we need. Edit - looks like his 3pt shooting took a big dip this year from 41.6 to 32.4. Wonder why. He looks very athletic. He can dunk with more authority than probably any guy on Illinois outside of Tevian

Last edited by a moderator:
We already have a great shooter in AG... and for some reason, we never drew anything up for him.

Deleted member 173571

D
We already have a great shooter in AG... and for some reason, we never drew anything up for him.
I agree, but having another one that is 6’6” with a good release point would be a great addition

Underwood needs to get this kid. He is the shooter we need. Edit - looks like his 3pt shooting took a big dip this year from 41.6 to 32.4. Wonder why. He looks very athletic. He can dunk with more authority than probably any guy on Illinois outside of Tevian

We can pass on these kids when we have players like Luke Kusabke in the mix

This dude is insanely under the radar. Shoots 50% from 3. Playing for Illinois state title tonight after shooting 7/8 from 3 in the semis.

Status
Not open for further replies.