Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (March 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This dude is insanely under the radar. Shoots 50% from 3. Playing for Illinois state title tonight after shooting 7/8 from 3 in the semis.

Yes, but can he do the weave as well as Tyler?

The CB recruitment has been an interesting one to follow. Has had a De Sousa feel to it, but i don’t know if CB has any sort of handlers.
Anyone know?

There were a ton of things going on behind the scenes from everything i’ve gathered. Started last summer when Crean coached Brown.

Anthony Edwards committing to Georgia really helped their case with Brown.

I can't explain it, but I just have this feeling that we're going to retain most of our core, get what we need recruiting and transfer wise. BU is getting His guys.
Mark Smith had already transferred by Monday after BTT last year. Not near as many rumblings as last year, so probably right.

illini80

Forgottonia
I can't explain it, but I just have this feeling that we're going to retain most of our core, get what we need recruiting and transfer wise. BU is getting His guys.
Considering we have offered 60 something guys, I don’t really know what this means.

Dbell1981

Decatur, IL
Considering we have offered 60 something guys, I don’t really know what this means.
60 out of 1000 says he knows what he is looking for. Some of you are never happy. 6% or less of the high school field is narrowing your choices pretty well if you ask me. Especially when we aren't on the level of Kentucky/ Duke/ KU/ Mich St. recruiting YET. We need 3rd and 4th options that carry similar skill sets as our top prospects. All logic is lost on folks that dont like the coach. You would rather him only have 1 backup option so you can complain even further when he has to scramble to get another Matic Vessel. Pessimism at its finest.

60 out of 1000 says he knows what he is looking for. Some of you are never happy. 6% or less of the high school field is narrowing your choices pretty well if you ask me. Especially when we aren't on the level of Kentucky/ Duke/ KU/ Mich St. recruiting YET. We need 3rd and 4th options that carry similar skill sets as our top prospects. All logic is lost on folks that dont like the coach. You would rather him only have 1 backup option so you can complain even further when he has to scramble to get another Matic Vessel. Pessimism at its finest.
Good post. I feel like this needs to be here
tenor.gif

illini80

Forgottonia
Hyperbole at its finest. Congratulations!

You are aware that we have zero guys signed at the moment, right? I think Kofi comes. It seems unlikely for January to get cleared, but I haven’t given up. I’ve made my position on Underwood clear several times so I’m not going to repeat it all again, but I’m not against Underwood at all. Unlike you apparently though, I don’t see us becoming a blue blood YET or anytime soon.

Maybe you can come back and explain what “BU is getting his guys” means. Because I don’t think he is getting the guys he really wants. And until he does, he will go after the best guys he can get.

Or maybe just go on another rant if you want. :noidea:

Dbell1981

Decatur, IL
Hyperbole at its finest. Congratulations!

You are aware that we have zero guys signed at the moment, right? I think Kofi comes. It seems unlikely for January to get cleared, but I haven’t given up. I’ve made my position on Underwood clear several times so I’m not going to repeat it all again, but I’m not against Underwood at all. Unlike you apparently though, I don’t see us becoming a blue blood YET or anytime soon.

Maybe you can come back and explain what “BU is getting his guys” means. Because I don’t think he is getting the guys he really wants. And until he does, he will go after the best guys he can get.

Or maybe just go on another rant if you want. :noidea:
When your top targets are top 25-50 recruits in the nation it's easy for someone like you to sit back and say we aren't getting "his guys" because KW and Shannon went elsewhere. There's only a select few teams in the country that get the majority of their top 3 choices at any given position. Everyone knows that's truth. However a few folks in Chicagoland say BU is reaching when he has out 60 scholarships. The man is in a lose-lose situation it seems.

I see what you are saying, He has to pick who he takes, see GB,don't ruin my kool-aid!

illini80

Forgottonia
30 days until signing day. The staff will be busy. Hoping for some big news by then and not run into may and June with open slots still available. IF there are transfers, hopefully they make their decisions sooner rather than later. I would expect a number of new names to be added to the mix by then. I’d much rather sign a 4 year guy if we can, but quality grad transfers will likely be a major part of the discussion. Go get em coach!

This dude is insanely under the radar. Shoots 50% from 3. Playing for Illinois state title tonight after shooting 7/8 from 3 in the semis.

It seemed like Iowa had about 7 guys like this.

SycIllini

Sycamore, Illinois
Blake Peters certainly looks like a good shooting prospect. Belleville West did shut him down in championship last night. So he has some work to do. To be fair he didn’t have a bad game and contributed in several ways. Rebounds well for a guard. Defends well. Can score going to the basket. Belleville West just didn’t give many openings for him to shoot. 0-2 from 3 I believe. He demanded a constant defender though. That took away a help defender and allowed Evanston’s other players some openings. In the end Belleville West was just too strong. Evanston loses some good guard play but, has several sophomores contributing including Peters. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them in 4A final four again the next couple of years.

Blake Peters certainly looks like a good shooting prospect. Belleville West did shut him down in championship last night. So he has some work to do. To be fair he didn’t have a bad game and contributed in several ways. Rebounds well for a guard. Defends well. Can score going to the basket. Belleville West just didn’t give many openings for him to shoot. 0-2 from 3 I believe. He demanded a constant defender though. That took away a help defender and allowed Evanston’s other players some openings. In the end Belleville West was just too strong. Evanston loses some good guard play but, has several sophomores contributing including Peters. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them in 4A final four again the next couple of years.
Enjoyed watching that game. Lotta good players.

Status
Not open for further replies.