Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (March 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alstork wasnt a PG. Our G must be at least 33% or better from 3. I hated when our PGs were not good enough shooter to be closely guarded under Groce. I do not want that again. Hopefully he can improve if BU wants him.
Don't believe he is a PG. Isn't listed that way.

If he transfers to us does he use a scholarship for next year when he sits out.

That could be a good thing since we will likely have Ayo , Feliz and Trent it would give him a year to mature and work against those three and other better players for a year in oractice.
Plus, hopefully improve his 3 pt. shot.

Not such a good thing if that is the last scholarship we have, because we need a power forward desperately, in my humble opinion.

Not such a good thing if that is the last scholarship we have, because we need a power forward desperately, in my humble opinion.
Should have two left assuming Higgs is off the roster.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™

Well, doh! Do you really think staff would take Freeman over a PF with the last ride (assuming we don't already have one)? That would be gross malpractice. I don't think our staff is that dumb.

The staff has a good idea of what is going on I am sure in terms of transfers. They wouldn't take him in place of a quality 4 obviously. If I were gonna bet I expect Kip and likely Samba to transfer. We shall have to wait and see I guess. I think the staff has a good idea of what is going to occur.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
The staff has a good idea of what is going on I am sure in terms of transfers. They wouldn't take him in place of a quality 4 obviously. If I were gonna bet I expect Kip and likely Samba to transfer. We shall have to wait and see I guess. I think the staff has a good idea of what is going to occur.

If Nichols isn't graduating, he can't transfer (and play hoops).

Well, doh! Do you really think staff would take Freeman over a PF with the last ride (assuming we don't already have one)? That would be gross malpractice. I don't think our staff is that dumb.

I totally forgot about Higgs, looking at the scholarship chart I thought we just have one left.

I agree that it is important to keep the pipe line filled. However, believe the system requires that everyone is capable of shooting. Do not know if he is capable of improving that percentage but it isn't satisfactory for where we want to go. If they decide to take him they will have made that decision and I not capable of second guessing them.
Hmmm, were you not a fan of Feliz contribution this year then?

Quite the gamble there. Jeff Thomas chose not to roll the bones.

No gamble if precedent has been set. OTOH, Kipper is not going anywhere based on his latest tweet and his support of BU, plus we had determined earlier that he is not graduating early in May.

Tevo

Wilmette, IL
Pretty sure he's visiting the same weekend as Christian Brown.

I heard that too. Mostly because we have a great biomed/kinesiology program to fit him with prosthetic knees...

Was Valpo/the MVC so bad that we really wouldn't want a player who averaged 11ppg, 4.3rpg, and almost 2 steals per game as a freshman backing up Trent as a redshirt sophomore just because his three point percentage wasn't good?

Charlie Moore was a Mr. Basketball who averaged 12 points a game on better shooting as a freshman in the Pac 12 and he sucks so probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.