Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (March 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

201154JC

Rockford, IL
Thanks PlayAZ for the clip. Yes, he is smooth, athletic and well put together. He would be a great addition. If we were to add
that young man along with Antwan and Kofi, we would be a force next year for sure.

CrazedUIFan

UI Fan in QC Land
I’m hoping Griffin stays. He has a skill set that we lack if he can take it to the next level. His length defensively is impressive and deceptive. Once the game slows down for him and he feels more comfortable in his spots offensively, I think he fits perfectly into Underwood’s offensive and defensive schemes.

Thanks PlayAZ for the clip. Yes, he is smooth, athletic and well put together. He would be a great addition. If we were to add
that young man along with Antwan and Kofi, we would be a force next year for sure.

He is coming off an ACL tear in January....

I’m hoping Griffin stays. He has a skill set that we lack if he can take it to the next level. His length defensively is impressive and deceptive. Once the game slows down for him and he feels more comfortable in his spots offensively, I think he fits perfectly into Underwood’s offensive and defensive schemes.
Well said!

Really hope the AG rumors are simply that, just rumors. You could easily argue he is our top returning wing player. He seemed to work his way ahead of Tev by the end of the year, and I think should definitely be ahead of Damonte by the start of next season.

I like Tevian and Alan at the three for both their potential offense and defense. Alan already a good defensive player and has past record of excellent three point shooting will be back. Don't believe we will get a recruit that will be better next year.

I said most of the season that I thought AG was better than Tev at every part of the game with the exception of freak athleticism (which is no small trait at the high major level). I never believe anything good or bad until it's official but losing AG would be bad. He's the type player that can be a big piece to rebuilding puzzle. Like Aubrey Dawkins at the same age big.

He hasn't even received the plan to buy into yet. The player meetings are next week.
Yeah, I would agree. If he transfers, it says to me that Underwood is not giving these guys a plan they can buy into.
He has a plan for them...a lot of time the Parent in the players ear while they are home over break is a lot stronger than the coaching staffs pitch..

He "liked" various tweets talking about next year and his improvement etc... Hopefully that's a sign at least that he isn't 100% checked out.

Anything could happen, but hopefully he likes what he's been a part of and can see a positive future and will be an Illini next year

Deleted member 654622

D
Well looks like we have a scholly opening up. Hearing now that Griffin transferring is a done deal. I guess we wait and see.
raw

Name to keep an eye on: Kevin Easley. He is a sit one, play three.

Transfer from Chattanooga. He is 6'6 230 lbs. Averaged 14.2 ppg and 6.7 rpg. Was named Freshman of Year in the Southern Conference, and All-Freshman Team in the Southern as well.

Here are his season stats from this year:
https://gomocs.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6427
High School Offers:
https://247sports.com/Player/Kevin-Easley-81935/high-school-142225/
High School Highlight Tape:

I questioned why we did not offer this kid last year...he was a very late commit if I remember correctly.

jrod1286

Pat Chambers
Illinois
We will get a recruit to sign before next season, this recruit won't be an immediate impact. Can't share anymore at this time.

Samba is quicker and more athletic than Kaleb Wesson.
Really? Hand eye coordination is an athletic trait. You do realize that? He can't shoot Samba shoots 14% from the line, 14%! He never takes a jumper. Do you want a athletic stud or a basketball player? I'll take Georgi or Wesson. Odds are you preferred Greg Ebo to GB too. I am thankful your not our coach. Come on man!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.