Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (March 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SWEET! One less month of winter!!! It will save us hundreds of dollars in heating costs! My brother won't have another birthday!

February 1st....New Years Day 2020!

Edit: Just imagine the cost savings in calendar printing alone!!

Oh the January jokes continue...

giphy.gif

This one is for the collective body, have we heard anything on possible future visits from recruits OV or otherwise, I have some info but can't say anymore at this time ;)

Based on what information? I live in Phoenix, and I have surmised and suggested since the verbal that the reason he was not playing was simply for grade work to be able to get in....not an insider, but rumored here. Turns out that was correct, as the ILLINI already knew what he could bring to the table on the court....just had to get him actually ON the court and in school. I fully expect him to be able to get into school and contribute in a big way next year for us.

This guy knows what he is talking about. January played in the first two games of the season and then stepped away to focus on his academics. From all the transferring he did in HS he is having the same issues Samba had to iron out this past summer. BU already knows what he has with January, and saw what he did in his first two games. With that in mind he's fine with keeping January off the radar to make sure he gets his core classes ironed out now so he can be here this summer.
This has been known for a while and my source told me the same thing two months ago. Just so you all know this topic was pretty hot on Twitter about two weeks ago and Antwan changed his profile pic of himself wearing an Illini uniform almost instantly and it's been pretty quiet since. He seems pretty confident he's gonna make it and he talks with Kofi quite a bit so I don't have any reason to question it untill I hear otherwise. Besides that why would BU waste an OV if he wasn't sure he would qualify.

Flight#33

Flight#33
This guy knows what he is talking about. January played in the first two games of the season and then stepped away to focus on his academics. From all the transferring he did in HS he is having the same issues Samba had to iron out this past summer. BU already knows what he has with January, and saw what he did in his first two games. With that in mind he's fine with keeping January off the radar to make sure he gets his core classes ironed out now so he can be here this summer.
This has been known for a while and my source told me the same thing two months ago. Just so you all know this topic was pretty hot on Twitter about two weeks ago and Antwan changed his profile pic of himself wearing an Illini uniform almost instantly and it's been pretty quiet since. He seems pretty confident he's gonna make it and he talks with Kofi quite a bit so I don't have any reason to question it untill I hear otherwise. Besides that why would BU waste an OV if he wasn't sure he would qualify.

You sweet talker you

HC Illini

HC Illini
Yeah, we all know BU wouldn’t waste an official 😂

sacraig

The desert
Again?!

Man, I don't want to enter the CM sweepstakes a third time.

This time around we don't really have the need to do so, which is nice. He will only have 1 year of eligibility left when he plays again in two years. Yikes.

sacraig

The desert
Wouldn't he have 2 years left?

He played 2016-2017, sat/redshirted due to transferring for 2017-2018, played 2018-2019, so now he has burned two years of eligibility and a redshirt year. He has to sit another year due to this transfer, which will burn one more year of eligibility, so he will have one left.

Did I miss something?

He played 2016-2017, sat/redshirted due to transferring for 2017-2018, played 2018-2019, so now he has burned two years of eligibility and a redshirt year. He has to sit another year due to this transfer, which will burn one more year of eligibility, so he will have one left.

Did I miss something?
No it's me. I wasn't sure of the rules on that.
To many transfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.