Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (March 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like I've read that certain sports have priority over others. The reasoning is so you can't cheat the system and, for example, have football or basketball players on track scholarships in order to have more scholarship athletes on your team.
This & football is first.

Very happy with our staff's efforts. It appears we will have enough talent to maintain last seasons level of success as a floor. More players with years in the system/culture which is twofold. Players know coach's expectations and coaches know players skills/limits. Griffins leaving is sad for me, but...he practiced a year against Grandison and Hutchinson...knows who is coming back and arriving... This to me again is twofold.
Bear with me here. Griffin deserved to start based on production but coach wanted him in Vinnie microwave role. This led to issues possibly. Maybe coach sees weaknesses and was going to keep him in role if talent level was similar this season as last. Maybe not enough trust was built or too much lost for Griffin(or Mom) to risk another year of being a bench player. One of them never going to know for sure but interesting conflicts. Maybe he didn't wantto put in the work to improve defense to level needed, could this be similar to JCL leaving?
BBV...can he hit some outside shots and deliver good enough D/rebounding to get 18 to 27 minutes a game...this would be a situation which could raise Illini's ceiling and floor to a slight improvement and if Ayo stays...glory days. Thanks peeps...I...L...L...

Status
Not open for further replies.