Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (March 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Admin
2020 Illini Commits
Adam Miller (2020 G) commited on Thursday, November 21st (unsigned)

Regular Signing Period begins April 15th, 2020

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
giphy.gif

Would love for Weston to reclass and get ahead of a possible follow up class to Nesbitt/Goode for the wing play once Hutch/Grand have departed.

Jones is the one I think has the most upside out of the possibilities. Zanoni seems like another Keene type as far as skill set and hype so far.

Casey would be huge imo, from a player standpoint and optical one as well...in state etc. That said, I really think the ILLINI HAVE to continue to search the country/world for players. The more we can get high caliber talent from those areas, the less we seemingly need to be dependent on the finicky Chi-town coaches and atmosphere associated at times.

MDchicago

Lake Norman NC
Would love to see Zanoni commit in the near future. Looks like he will be a very good player.

Went to see him play for the first time last month, but came away unsure. It was a hard game to assess him individually because his team was so outclassed by a more athletic opponent (future state champion Cannon, featuring Jaden Bradley, a top 10 soph PG who is the real deal, and other D1 prospects including DJ Nix) that used aggressive full court pressure to great effect. Zanoni was not the primary ball handler for his team, and his team struggled against the pressure and rarely had any offensive rhythm (they were down 30+ when the Cannon rested the starters half way through the third quarter). Zanoni has good form and a good looking jumper, but did not stand out in this game (10 points or so, partly in garbage time).

Have they offered him yet or they just keeping the lines of communication open? I think that's the kid whose parents both went to U of I. Watching him speak of the Illini in the past makes it seem like his dream school.

No offer yet. Both parents went to U of I.

If we want him, then I think he will come.

Loves Illinois and is really hoping we offer.

Last edited:
Speaking of Chicago isn’t AJ Casey a Meanstreets AAU player? Isn’t there some kind of extortion deal to keep Illinois from recruiting them?

He is running Streets this year. It won't affect how hard we recruit the kid.

We will be all over him. He has already been on campus a couple of times this year.

He wants the blue bloods, but I don't know if he will get them. Will have to have a really strong summer.

We will be all over him. He has already been on campus a couple of times this year.

He wants the blue bloods, but I don't know if he will get them. Will have to have a really strong summer.
You can want the blue bloods, but as we saw with Kahlil, be careful what you wish for. But I hope he gets the offers he's looking for!

Deleted member 654622

D

This really gets on my nerves! And let me preference by saying I UNDERSTAND, because I do! HOWEVER, It's like "Oh I aint good enough for you!"
tenor.gif

I hope by the time he goes to college, kids will be wanting the Orange blood offer

Pinzon, Barnes, and Kepnang would be ideal imo, there are bigger names so to speak, not sure how realistic they are though.

Felling like we could get all three of these though, Goode doesn't strike me as committing anytime soon, and I think the others may before him. Re-Class Weston into next year!

Pinzon, Barnes, and Kepnang would be ideal imo, there are bigger names so to speak, not sure how realistic they are though.

Felling like we could get all three of these though, Goode doesn't strike me as committing anytime soon, and I think the others may before him. Re-Class Weston into next year!
Goode strikes me as the one who could commit first.

+1.

Talked to someone extremely close to the kid, and they said it's really Xavier, Illinois right now. Others lurking but those are the main two.

We have been recruiting him extremely hard specifically Gentry. He has been busting his rear to get the kid.

He will cut it down after EYBL, take a couple visits and sign in the fall.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™

Yeah, hips, er trips, don't lie. He's been back (to CU) a lot. Has to be very seriously considering us.

Gentry has clearly been doing great work here, which is very encouraging. The coaching aspect was never in question, but the recruiting aspect certainly was. Not saying he's a great recruiter, just that this recruitment is encouraging. Bagging an Indiana kid is nothing to sniff at.

Last edited:

I still see him as a Xavier lean for some reason...I know he says we are recruiting him hard right now, not sure if he says that after every visit though?

According to Fort Wane.com, Feb 17th report, Goode is in no hurry and will visit campus this summer and has multiple relations that played football at Indiana? Wouldn't say that bodes well for an early commit. Who knows we will see.

I still see him as a Xavier lean for some reason...I know he says we are recruiting him hard right now, not sure if he says that after every visit though?

According to Fort Wane.com, Feb 17th report, Goode is in no hurry and will visit campus this summer and has multiple relations that played football at Indiana? Wouldn't say that bodes well for an early commit. Who knows we will see.

His dad played football at IU.

IU just got his AAU teammate Khristian Lander.

FWIW, I would be shocked to see Goode go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.