Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (March 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are definately more in the know than I would ever be it seems, so I hope you are right, the kid is a shooter and seems like a BU type also.
I like shooters who can consistently put the ball in the basket. After all, the game is basketball.....gotta find a way, especially from the arc these days.

JJB

Chicago, IL
Neither IU nor Purdue have offered Goode. Purdue just got a commitment from Caleb Furst.

Furst just committed to Purdue in the last hour.

Can’t believe I didn’t see this earlier.

247 has Miller at 48 and they also have Curbelo at 72...

You have got to be kidding me...🤣😂

Last edited:

sacraig

The desert
247 composite which is the more extensive ranking has Miller @ #33 and Curbello @ #55.

I get the impression that 247's main rankings are just Jerry Meyer's armchair musings, as opposed to the composite, which is sort of like RCSI, an attempt at a consensus ranking.

I get the impression that 247's main rankings are just Jerry Meyer's armchair musings, as opposed to the composite, which is sort of like RCSI, an attempt at a consensus ranking.

The composite, a rotten tomatoes of recruiting, if you will....247's is The Hollywood Reporter :p

Goode is one of those kids that is just a win at all costs mentality and isn't going to get upset over his role. That's what BU likes the most.

I watched some tape and interviews with him and I’m not sure he’s that great, but he is tough, smart, and competitive, and he has the attitude and work ethic that will lead to being a big part of a winning team at some point. Guys like Purdue has had in the vein of Ryan Kline, Dakota Mathias, Grady Eifert, or Ryne Smith.

I watched some tape and interviews with him and I’m not sure he’s that great, but he is tough, smart, and competitive, and he has the attitude and work ethic that will lead to being a big part of a winning team at some point. Guys like Purdue has had in the vein of Ryan Kline, Dakota Mathias, Grady Eifert, or Ryne Smith.
Trusting your analysis, I love everything I'm hearing. Listen, not everyone can or is a starter right away. BU talked about it, but he values the intangibles as much as the talent alone. "locker room guys" "teammates" "toughness" We obviously really need some shooting (check)...we want to continue with toughness (check)...we need smart guys willing to make the right plays (check)....we need guys that can be leaders in their 3rd and 4th years to go along with the big names that likely will churn through the system if things go according to plan (check)

Alot of input about Goode visit, any other info on potential recruits from last game visit. Apologies if I missed something important.

Status
Not open for further replies.