Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (March 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is AD most likely to develop and enhance his level of skill development?
NBA even as a 2nd or 3rd round pick?
Europe?
Playing for the Illini perhaps winning a B10 championship and leading them into a deep Final Four NCAA run? :) :)

Even an overseas contract would pay well for Ayo. I wish him the best of luck no matter what he decides to do.

As the season ended, I believed it was the last time Ayo played in Champaign. I expected Ayo to showcase his skills in the NCAA tournament as a springboard into the NBA. Without the tourney, I don't know anymore. He'll get some honest, unbiased feedback before making a decision. I see Ayo making the right decision for his future, whether it's staying or going based on the input he gets.

NBA even as a 2nd or 3rd round pick?

With a team such as the Warriors/Rockets or even a team like Lakers. He would be just fine "learning" as a 2/3rd pick, plus the offenses are set up nicely for some one of his skill set to grow into as well.

I must say there is more of a case for Ayo to return now than there was a couple of days ago. Still think he goes pro but...

Far from a done deal like I said a couple of days ago. Stage to improve his stock was taken out from under him.

Really feel for him and the rest of those kids that needed that little boost that could've been worth millions.

Far from a done deal like I said a couple of days ago. Stage to improve his stock was taken out from under him.

Really feel for him and the rest of those kids that needed that little boost that could've been worth millions.
I feel like its a done deal. It is unfortunate that the tournament is not going to happen, but the way he left the floor during that last game is telling. Waving at the crowd and taking it in like its the last time. I felt all along that baring an unforeseen circumstance that he was gone after this year. This stoppage of play could qualify as an unforeseen circumstance. When Ayo came initially he came to start, take Ayo out of that sentence and add Miller. He is coming to play major minutes from the start. He is also coming to start.

I feel like its a done deal. It is unfortunate that the tournament is not going to happen, but the way he left the floor during that last game is telling. Waving at the crowd and taking it in like its the last time. I felt all along that baring an unforeseen circumstance that he was gone after this year. This stoppage of play could qualify as an unforeseen circumstance. When Ayo came initially he came to start, take Ayo out of that sentence and add Miller. He is coming to play major minutes from the start. He is also coming to start.
The staff is in on a couple quality grad transfers. We’re going to be so deep next year I’m not sure there is going to be room for Miller to start.

The staff is in on a couple quality grad transfers. We’re going to be so deep next year I’m not sure there is going to be room for Miller to start.
Are Hamlin and Tevian still part of the plan moving forward as of now?

I am interested in these grad transfers. Its gonna take some experienced, talented guys to bench him. At the end of the year the team had success with the 4 guards starting. Its possible they go the same route next season. Trent, Curbelo, Miller, Griffin and Williams are 5 guards. Id bench Williams, but he is a helluva glue guy and defender. If he is hitting 2 threes a game or give me a three and a layup and im ecstatic. Looking forward to next year and devastated that this year is over.

How on earth are we going to continue to add grad transfers? I believe what you are saying; I just don't see many quality guys coming here as grad transfers due to our quality depth.

I am interested in these grad transfers. Its gonna take some experienced, talented guys to bench him. At the end of the year the team had success with the 4 guards starting. Its possible they go the same route next season. Trent, Curbelo, Miller, Griffin and Williams are 5 guards. Id bench Williams, but he is a helluva glue guy and defender. If he is hitting 2 threes a game or give me a three and a layup and im ecstatic. Looking forward to next year and devastated that this year is over.
I really wanna hear Bryce Aiken's name. averaged 22 ppg at Harvard his junior year. Illinois made his final 6 before he committed to Harvard and hes from NJ, so hoping Antigua might have a connection there.

As the season ended, I believed it was the last time Ayo played in Champaign. I expected Ayo to showcase his skills in the NCAA tournament as a springboard into the NBA. Without the tourney, I don't know anymore. He'll get some honest, unbiased feedback before making a decision. I see Ayo making the right decision for his future, whether it's staying or going based on the input he gets.
Like from reading Illinois loyalty.

I really wanna hear Bryce Aiken's name.

Don't see the connection with our current team makeup and players coming in...if we were to take anyone else I would think it be a wing (Weston) on reclass or a ready to play wing 4 position player.

I could see Aiken going to somewhere like Carolina (in need) or MSU (Winston done), maybe a Maryland with Cowan done or maybe he piggy backs with another Roselle ex player Whitney who transferred recently?

illini80

Forgottonia
I must say there is more of a case for Ayo to return now than there was a couple of days ago. Still think he goes pro but...
I’m sure there is more talk out there because there always is......but this board is literally the only place I have seen/heard that is predicting Ayo to return.

I don’t need anyone to point out more stories, I’m just saying don’t let yourself get caught up in this. The majority opinion is he will go.

I’m sure there is more talk out there because there always is......but this board is literally the only place I have seen/heard that is predicting Ayo to return.

I don’t need anyone to point out more stories, I’m just saying don’t let yourself get caught up in this. The majority opinion is he will go.

I am not saying he's going pro, I am not saying he is returning. He is going to get feedback and evaluate and then decide. Both options are open.

The staff is preparing as if he will be gone, I can say that.

How on earth are we going to continue to add grad transfers? I believe what you are saying; I just don't see many quality guys coming here as grad transfers due to our quality depth.
The need for a 6’6-6’9 kid that can make threes is huge....

Saw on another site that Malik Fitts of Saint Mary's (CA) might be of interest since he was an original OA signing at USF.

DB11Headband

Chicago Burbs
I would tend to agree with you more than disagree, but unless you're Ayo's family, you simply don't know for sure. If you are for sure, then you should follow it up with your supported reasons.
I could know for sure without being Ayo’s family if I know the correct people ;)

Guys as for Ayo. 99% He won’t be back whether drafted or not. That decision was made long before the season. There are several NBA organizations that love him and every organization thinks they can teach guys to shoot and that’s his biggest knock. They also like that he will be able to add weight and strength and his transition game.

Status
Not open for further replies.