Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (March 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's, for the sake of discussion, say Ayo leaves and we have 2 transfer out.

Adam Miller, and a grad transfer come in. Who would be the HS recruits that we'd consider if any? Almost everyone on 247 listed with Illini interest have signed somewhere. Any freshman candidates to watch as possibilities to join the 2020 class?

Etienne is considered a possible reclassify. I’d think he’s one that the staff is after the most, aside from 5 stars. Would help solidify the frontcourt for the forseeable future with Hawkins. They would just need an enforcer to help fill the hole left by Kofi after he leaves. I hope Kofi stays for a junior year, but don’t see it. Would be nice if Kofi and Georgi were having so much fun together that that happened.

Burton kid from Wichita St and Griffin from Iowa St wouldn't be a bad start to the 2021-2022 class if they had to sit for a year. We will have alot of scholarships to give that class, two players with tremendous upside and some proven talents would not be bad to start with.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Burton kid from Wichita St and Griffin from Iowa St wouldn't be a bad start to the 2021-2022 class if they had to sit for a year. We will have alot of scholarships to give that class, two players with tremendous upside and some proven talents would not be bad to start with.

We're aiming far higher, IMO.

As another measure of how far we've advanced in 18 mos., I was bummed, big time, when Griffin spurned us.

I have spent the same amount of time watching youtube videos of perspective signees as I would have watching NCAA basketball. It has helped me keep my sanity and allowed me to focus on the future. In watching Adam Miller videos it has made me realize how much I want a commitment from Brandon Weston!

As a 2020? How would you shoehorn him in? And even if you managed that, we have his positions covered.

I really like Weston, think he's a baller. But he fits much better as a 2021, IMO.
How far we have come. Weber couldn't get a point guard for 4 years, and now we are picking and choosing who to plug in. Good times for Illini Basketball indeed.

New post on Instagram by Tevian Jones. Interesting caption...
69DFB04C-2A44-4D9D-AEB9-B8956DDF6678.jpeg

As a 2020? How would you shoehorn him in? And even if you managed that, we have his positions covered.

I really like Weston, think he's a baller. But he fits much better as a 2021, IMO.
Not as a 2020......as a 2021. Sorry for the confusion.

We're aiming far higher, IMO.

As another measure of how far we've advanced in 18 mos., I was bummed, big time, when Griffin spurned us.

I would agree, but the grid shows we will have an abundance of openings those years.

Status
Not open for further replies.