Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (March 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Always has been. Miller wants to play with him.

Timing was the issue. With the two wing transfers, things have changed. I really don't think Weston is going to develop nearly as much playing HS ball. If he qualifies, my guess is we'll take him (in '20). WRT playing time, he still fits better as a '21. But having a year under his belt should do wonders.

Not too familiar with Weston. But from what I've seen he reminds me of Jordan Goodwin/Rayvonte Rice. Nothing special or flashy about his game, but he has that valuable bulldog mentality that gets the job done. Is this accurate?

Not too familiar with Weston. But from what I've seen he reminds me of Jordan Goodwin/Rayvonte Rice. Nothing special or flashy about his game, but he has that valuable bulldog mentality that gets the job done. Is this accurate?

Pretty good comparisions I think, except I think he does have some flash and is very athletic more so than those two.

For those that care, using 247's class calculator and assuming Weston's composite grade of .9683 remains the same through the reclass, adding him to our incoming group would have our 2020 class ranked 6th in the country, still 2nd in the Big 10 behind Michigan (in a class of 5 versus a class of 4).

Our current class is 13th in the country by composite.

Bulldog is correct. Didn't see him put the ball on the floor too much this past year. It might be a part of his game but with Miller and Watson handling the ball I didn't see it. I saw a junkyard dog. Slasher, Rebounder and Dunker. Will defend also.

IlliniwekKDR

Colorado Springs, CO
Bulldog is correct. Didn't see him put the ball on the floor too much this past year. It might be a part of his game but with Miller and Watson handling the ball I didn't see it. I saw a junkyard dog. Slasher, Rebounder and Dunker. Will defend also.
If no one steps up with that skill set, I think we will miss that ability to get to the rim that Andres and Ayo have. It would be nice to replace some of that (if he does reclassify like some are suggesting)

If no one steps up with that skill set, I think we will miss that ability to get to the rim that Andres and Ayo have. It would be nice to replace some of that (if he does reclassify like some are suggesting)
Yes I agree. Andres Feliz is going to be a big loss. I really started to appreciate him and what he brought to the table. Weston doesn't get to the rim. The role he played this past year kind of put him near the rim on most possessions. I didn't see him handle the ball that much. Feliz and Ayo are get the ball 80 feet from the rim, take 5 or 6 dribbles and lay it in. I didn't see Weston do that. Now I did see him receive a pass then explode over a defender for dunks. High energy guy. Didn't see him create his own shots. Hopefully he can continue to develop, work on that jumper and he can be what Tevian should have been.

I will be very happy if Adam Miller signs on what, April 15 or so? Tax day has been extended; I hope signing day isn't.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™

If Weston can play D like DMW, he's a no brainer. FWIW, I think he can (eventually). Every great team has toughness and glue guys. I think Weston will bring that.

Seen limited amount of Weston but his game reminds me of QRichardson, just not at the same level. I think the Jordan Goodwin/Rayvonte Rice is fair especially at the ranking level. QRichardson was top 15 from what I remember, the other two were 75-100 range.

Seen limited amount of Weston but his game reminds me of QRichardson, just not at the same level. I think the Jordan Goodwin/Rayvonte Rice is fair especially at the ranking level. QRichardson was top 15 from what I remember, the other two were 75-100 range.
Richardson at Whitney young, DePaul or in the NBA? I feel like those are 3 different players

Wichita State with it's 7th scholarship player transferring out....Asbjorn Midtgaard.

Status
Not open for further replies.