Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (March 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
2022 class who is 1" shorter than guys like Nick Ward and Kaleb Wesson, so I'd say you can play Center at 6'8" with 2 years to grow.
Egwu was 6'9". Is he long? Wingspan matters a lot to a guy 6'8", unless he's massive like Wes Unseld or for us, George Montgomery.

giphy.gif
Hear he's a Monster, just got to get him his Ball.

Per Andrew Slater from The Athleic

Top 50 Adama Sanogo’21 of @tps_hsbb & @NYRhoops cut his list to a Top 10. He will be Skyping with coaches during this period. There’s a possibility he reclasses to 2020.
Top 10:
UConn
Nebraska
Maryland
Memphis
Pitt
Illinois
Seton Hall
Auburn
Louisville
Oklahoma St

Per Andrew Slater from The Athleic

Top 50 Adama Sanogo’21 of @tps_hsbb & @NYRhoops cut his list to a Top 10. He will be Skyping with coaches during this period. There’s a possibility he reclasses to 2020.
Top 10:
UConn
Nebraska
Maryland
Memphis
Pitt
Illinois
Seton Hall
Auburn
Louisville
Oklahoma St

Against Big Cliff O, recent Rutgers commit. You would think with Kofi success we might have a good chance here?

I guess my question is, I want to assume Illinois is in a bowl game every year. That means we don't get this kid fully ready to play (going need time to heal from football and get rust off for basketball) until sometime in January. Wouldn't be at his best until part of the way in February. To me this guy has to be a killer to take up a basketball scholarship.

Looks to be very quick with really good hands. Also likes to play D. Looks a little bit small bodied, though.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
I guess my question is, I want to assume Illinois is in a bowl game every year. That means we don't get this kid fully ready to play (going need time to heal from football and get rust off for basketball) until sometime in January. Wouldn't be at his best until part of the way in February. To me this guy has to be a killer to take up a basketball scholarship.

It doesn't work that way.

Football scholly.

Only one full-ride scholly is needed to go to school, because you only have to pay for school once.

I feel like I've read that certain sports have priority over others. The reasoning is so you can't cheat the system and, for example, have football or basketball players on track scholarships in order to have more scholarship athletes on your team.

I'm assuming he is taking a football scholarship and then a "walk-on" in basketball? If not and he counts as a basketball scholarship is he good enough for that?
If they play both sports they must be on a football scholarship.

Status
Not open for further replies.