Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (May 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane Walsh

aka "Captain Oblivious"
Cynthiana, Kentucky
In between all the nonsense yesterday this paraphrase of a post caught my eye and made me wonder a little...

"Don't know much about Holyfield's game and I see he's not ranked on the 24/7 transfer page. However, with TT and Kansas being his other finalist he must have skills."

Not attacking anyone, because this mindset seems to be common among at least a few posters, but at what point do we start assuming that the Illinois staff knows what to look for in an athlete and can identify talent? Why is it that an athlete must have offers from blue bloods or other high level programs in order for us to believe that he has skills?

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Not attacking anyone, because this mindset seems to be common among at least a few posters, but at what point do we start assuming that the Illinois staff knows what to look for in an athlete and can identify talent? Why is it that an athlete must have offers from blue bloods or other high level programs in order for us to believe that he has skills?

Some fans always know better than staff. Happens with every fan base. Take what you can use, and leave the rest.

Speaking of Burnett, he just tweeted yesterday that he just got an offer from Auburn.(n)

Is it not vital we get a point guard with Kofi! Losing Ayo and Andre after next year will be tough... no experience for the 2020 team at the point.

That was my post. Definitely trust the staff and by no means does a recruit need to have high level offers to make an impact(ie Giorgi) but it certainly doesn't hurt. I just wanted to learn more about Holyfield's game
Strengths/weakness as there doesn't seem to be alot of evaluation out there that I could easily find. Obviously would be stoked to get him.

In between all the nonsense yesterday this paraphrase of a post caught my eye and made me wonder a little...

"Don't know much about Holyfield's game and I see he's not ranked on the 24/7 transfer page. However, with TT and Kansas being his other finalist he must have skills."

Is it not vital we get a point guard with Kofi! Losing Ayo and Andre after next year will be tough... no experience for the 2020 team at the point.

Tomas played point this season. The JC transfer has two years left.

illini80

Forgottonia

Not saying they have to, but under the radar recruits are the exception, not the rule.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Tomas played point this season. The JC transfer has two years left.

Was not aware of that. Thanks. If TW is more than just a shooter (and it certainly looks that way), that lifts him a notch or three in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.