Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (May 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not expecting a big crowd. Hope that part of visit doesn't weigh in too much on his decision. Wouldn't think it would.
The timing is good. Instead of taking the kid to a football game they can take him over to the NCAA tournament to watch Illini tennis.

Soulberries

University of Illinois
The timing is good. Instead of taking the kid to a football game they can take him over to the NCAA tournament to watch Illini tennis.

And then to the Illinois baseball game for free BBQ and fireworks!

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
I dont think there has been a recruit in the last 10 years I've wanted more than Patterson. He has all the tools to be a future star.
10 years? That's a lot of recruits... I think I'd want Kahlil Whitney over Patterson even in this class. Have you seen Whitney's mixtapes?

I would have to say that Jawun Evans and especially Jalen Brunson would have been more of a "want" for me. Carlton Bragg, Elijah Thomas, Quentin Snider, Cliff Alexander, KBD, Demetrius Jackson, Jabari Parker, Francis Okoro, this list could go on...

But I would also really like Patterson.

10 years? That's a lot of recruits... I think I'd want Kahlil Whitney over Patterson even in this class. Have you seen Whitney's mixtapes?

I would have to say that Jawun Evans and especially Jalen Brunson would have been more of a "want" for me. Carlton Bragg, Elijah Thomas, Quentin Snider, Cliff Alexander, KBD, Demetrius Jackson, Jabari Parker, Francis Okoro, this list could go on...

But I would also really like Patterson.

I think the list could go on at least another 10 names at least.

I'll be ecstatic with any Holyfield commitment, but am not so secretly hoping it's McLaurin-esque.
Bring some shades to Ubben! Looks like the University of Illinois!

Attachments

• FarawayWatchfulCurlew-size_restricted.gif
    FarawayWatchfulCurlew-size_restricted.gif
    371.3 KB · Views: 257
I'll be ecstatic with any Holyfield commitment, but am not so secretly hoping it's McLaurin-esque.
McLaurin would have been great for this past years team. Regardless, Holyfield seems to be a much bigger impact and has much higher regarded teams than Sam had.

McLaurin would have been great for this past years team. Regardless, Holyfield seems to be a much bigger impact and has much higher regarded teams than Sam had.
McLaurin was solid . Considering Holyfield's stats, I would expect much more offense from him.

201154JC

Rockford, IL
Yes, I do have high standards. This is ILLINOIS BASKETBALL!

And maybe the reason our record has sucked is because none of my wants played for us. That has to change. They need to start landing my wants.
I second your thoughts on Jalen Brunson. Saw the kid play in high school. He dropped something like 37 against Rockford Auburn and broke the HS tournament record the following game with I think 57. He was unstoppable. Two National Titles after that.
I believe he is our biggest miss. Probably had a lot to do with his father wanting to get out of Dodge/IL.

chiefini

Rockford, Illinois
Nobody at Ubben who can give us loyal out of town Illini a report???

Status
Not open for further replies.