Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (May 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
So that leaves us with two spots open. Hopefully one is going to Holyfield. Any ideas on the second? Moss maybe or the Juco player who visited whose last name I believe starts with a W? I won’t attempt to spell it as I will butcher it to a degree that nobody could take my post seriously in the future
I'm sure young Mr. Woldetensae appreciates your restraint.

So that leaves us with two spots open. Hopefully one is going to Holyfield. Any ideas on the second? Moss maybe or the Juco player who visited whose last name I believe starts with a W? I won’t attempt to spell it as I will butcher it to a degree that nobody could take my post seriously in the future
Kouma committed to us so until I learn different I am counting him. He has 8 more days to sign as of today. Strange he hasn’t signed yet as he was quoted by Kedric Prince last week not to worry Illini fans that he was signing and was 110% committed to Illinois

Deleted member 554798

D
Kouma committed to us so until I learn different I am counting him. He has 8 more days to sign as of today. Strange he hasn’t signed yet as he was quoted by Kedric Prince last week not to worry Illini fans that he was signing and was 110% committed to Illinois
We have two available when including him on the roster next year left I do believe

So 1 signature out of 67 offers. How does that compare with the other division I schools?

Deleted member 236589

D
Enaruna to Kansas ought to move the decision forward a little.
I'm not in the kids head nor do I really have any clue how this is going to end up, but my first reaction is that this is fairly significant and probably drops Kansas from the equation(or at least down a few notches). I'd think a sought after grad transfer would need to be promised immediate and extensive PT.

Dren1

Glenview, IL
I know that it is probably a long shot, but I would really like Addison Patterson, who has been discussed as a potential reclassification candidate to 2019.

https://247sports.com/Player/Addison-Patterson-46035883/

So 1 signature out of 67 offers. How does that compare with the other division I schools?
Probably poorly. Then again, some of those offers are still considering, so maybe we should wait until they decide to check the math? 2 or 3 out of 67 probably looks extremely normal.

Soulberries

University of Illinois
No idea if this is a reliable source...

tweet.PNG

I'm not in the kids head nor do I really have any clue how this is going to end up, but my first reaction is that this is fairly significant and probably drops Kansas from the equation(or at least down a few notches). I'd think a sought after grad transfer would need to be promised immediate and extensive PT.

I don't think they're expecting much from Enaruna his freshman year and he certainly wouldn't take any minutes away from Holyfield. That doesn't mean the illusion of reduced minutes isn't there which could still have an impact but the reality probably isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.