Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (May 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In order to get Kaubke the staff would have to be actively pursuing him.
I find it strange they aren't. Not saying he blue chipper, but I would imagine that's about as easy a recruitment we would get. Considering we're losing quite a bit next year, and still have three open chairs this year, why not take a flyer (regardless of earliness).

Staff better be certain they are getting 2+ guards of much better quality to let a recruit like this slip away. Then again I'm not a talent evaluator...

drsmitty74

Rochester
Su

Surprised SLU or mizzery aren't involved
Mizzery is involved and offered about one month after we did. We were first offer. Since then, St Louis, Mizzou, Stanford, K-State, Va Tech, GTech and Cinci have offered.

I have watched Luke play many times at Chaminade. There is no doubt that he would be solid if not a star as a 4 year player at Illinois. I would take him in a heartbeat. I know K-State is one of the teams recruiting him hard.

The way this recruiting thing has turned out, I'd be happy with any fall signee. Granted there's still A LOT to play out for 2020, but I'd like to see BU double, hell triple, the amount of fall signees he's had.

Status
Not open for further replies.