Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (May 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because Howard might prioritize him doesn't mean he is going there....I have no worries about Miller's recruitment.

Not that I have any sources, but I would tend to agree - at THIS point in time. (I would love to add Nimari though.)

However, outside of Miller, we seem to have become, or trending in that direction, a portal based recruiting school. The key data point, for that thinking, is our OV to signing ratio.

Granted winning will improve that ratio. But, I am wondering by how much.

Just because Howard might prioritize him doesn't mean he is going there....I have no worries about Miller's recruitment.

that has long long been the plan on our side and MIF side....I'll say this....there was more than 1 reason not to take THT...
that's naive...there is too much time until the next signing period to think anything is a done deal

Were you comparison shopping when Giorgi signed too?

I sincerely hope lightening does strike twice.
strikes twice.jpg

Deleted member 654622

D
that's naive...there is too much time until the next signing period to think anything is a done deal
Completely agree. I will feel good about Miller only if we make the tournament this year.

I love how this gets trotted out now every time something like this comes up. Has such little bearing on how good Kouma may or may not be, and the hit rate on guys like that are so low.

So the coaches that found one underrated recruit probably won't again because of 'hit rate probability'? Talk about 'trotting' something out there...

You probably thought Ayo was seriously considering Wake Forest too.
You win some, you lose some. But reflecting on a hindsight win as insight that Miller has been a done deal for awhile doesn't cut it. I appreciate that you think Miller is a lock, but I'm not buying, too much time left, too much history to make that call today.

Why does everyone feel Samba will ever see big minutes if we are a top 5 B10 team? I hope he does develop but I just dont see him as the kind of talent that other teams will be afraid of facing. Do you guys if he was on another team? If so why do you feel that way? What do you feel he excels at? I think he could be a good back up to block a shot and defend possibly defend the rim some. If we are going to be what we once were we need skill and size. Like Myers or GB and a coach that wont watse it!
Way too early to say. He was very young arriving at Illinois. Has good length and will get good coaching. He is not there yet, but give him some time.

illini80

Forgottonia
Piper on the radio mentioned a Rivals article about which recruits Howard should prioritize. Number 1, Adam Miller.....
I don’t know what his connections are in Chicago other than that’s where he is from. The two biggest questions being Robert Smith and the Irvings. If he is tight with those guys...

Piper on the radio mentioned a Rivals article about which recruits Howard should prioritize. Number 1, Adam Miller.....

Did Piper say "should" or "would"?

IF Piper said "should" I would be pretty mad at Piper.

IF Piper said "would" or something similar, that is to be expected. I think Howard gets Nimari even without making any serious effort. Adding Miller, which IMHO, would be a lot more challenging, would require more effort.

Apparently 4/(5 Tev?) bigs to work out and prepare for season with a chance to show what they have in an early tour of Italy. Ability to start practices with 1's through 3's able to play in size appropriate positions and flexibility to go small with experience. Quality depth at 1/2 positions. Out of potential wings and backup front line staff's ability to coach and players ability to develop is key to success long term this season I feel. Very happy with this team as constructed and cheering for their success and domninos for future to fall in place. I...L...L...

I imagine all of these recruiting projections depend on the team making the tourney this year, and Ayo going pro.

I really hope this team gels. Seems like this may be a make or break year for this staff unless they hire someone like Lovie did with the Trinity coach.

#1,000      
Did Piper say "should" or "would"?

IF Piper said "should" I would be pretty mad at Piper.

IF Piper said "would" or something similar, that is to be expected. I think Howard gets Nimari even without making any serious effort. Adding Miller, which IMHO, would be a lot more challenging, would require more effort.

Piper "...mentioned a Rivals article about which recruits Howard should prioritize."

He's referring to a Rivals article. Piper is 247 and just relaying what the Rivals article says.

Status
Not open for further replies.