Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (May 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Sprouting Divot

Invisible and Bulletproof
Miracle Mile
Blue Cat? Is that still open?

I had the same question - looks like it closed just a couple of years ago. I remember when it opened.

Fond and/or missing memories of the Blue Cat whenever I'd get thrown out of RIBCO. And I'd kill someone for $5 worth of those 'gooners...

I had the same question - looks like it closed just a couple of years ago. I remember when it opened.

Fond and/or missing memories of the Blue Cat whenever I'd get thrown out of RIBCO. And I'd kill someone for $5 worth of those 'gooners...
The district now ain't what the district was back then....

This thread sure has turned to crap, where is the monitor?

whatahack

St. Peters MO
This thread sure has turned to crap, where is the monitor?

Monitor-Lizard_-Dhritiman-Mukherjee1-copy-2-1_vl7rav.jpg

According to 247, based on player ratings and using their class calculator... Illini will end up with the 4th or 5th best 2020 class if they get a reclass from Foster, or Ettiene respectively.

Highest ranked class ever?

Flight#33

Flight#33

I always felt obligated to drink Fosters at RIBCO. Bad decisions were made I guess

Can you imagine the team with him playing either the 3 or power forward 4. Especially if Kofi comes back. If he comes back and get Foster wow! I see him as a one and done for sure. Come on down Mr. Foster the orange and blue is waiting for you.

Can you imagine the team with him playing either the 3 or power forward 4. Especially if Kofi comes back. If he comes back and get Foster wow! I see him as a one and done for sure. Come on down Mr. Foster the orange and blue is waiting for you.
Read somewhere because of his age he would play two years. Certainly would be the perfect fit and he looks physically BIG ready. Interesting to see him and Hawkins play together.

That is correct; if he reclassifies to '20, he will have two years in college before the draft

This would be very smart on his part. With the NCAA moving toward allowing players to profit off their image, this would allow him to make some money for 2 years before entering the draft, as opposed to only one if he doesn't reclassify. Furthermore, with Illinois being one of the states that is currently also pushing this to be legal in the state, it seems we may have a good selling point on that front.

EDIT: At least that is my take on it, but I haven't look too much into it. So, please, correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.