Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (May 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JFGsCoffeeMug

BU:1 Trash cans:0
Chicago
Kofi has been back for awhile.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Kofi has been back for awhile. Mac isn’t reclassifying and considering us if Kofi comes back. But I don’t think he is reclassifying anyway. Foster is only 17 dont see a reclass there either. He is also getting a lot of D league interest.

I seem to remember another certain 17 year old who wore number #21 for the Illini who did just fine 👀

Mac and Kepnang apparently willing to play together.

DREAM SCENARIO:

Imagine if Ayo comes back, we flip MFJr to the 2020 class, Kendall brown commits to the Illini, we lock up Mac & KePnang, Kofi stays TWO more years (‘20 & ‘21), and Miller and Curbelo play at least two years together!! Those teams would be absolutely stacked!!😱😱 🔳🔳

Crazy scenario but not necessarily out of the realm of possibility or a “Pipe Dream” ... 🕵️‍♂🚰😴

🤤🔸🔸🔸🔹🔹🔹

DREAM SCENARIO:

Imagine if Ayo comes back, we flip MFJr to the 2020 class, Kendall brown commits to the Illini, we lock up Mac & KePnang, Kofi stays TWO more years (‘20 & ‘21), and Miller and Curbelo play at least two years together!! Those teams would be absolutely stacked!!😱😱 🔳🔳

Crazy scenario but not necessarily out of the realm of possibility or a “Pipe Dream” ... 🕵️‍♂️🚰😴

🤤🔸🔸🔸🔹🔹🔹
Kofi least likely IMO after he tears it up next year. Although not betting a lot on getting the three in 2021 but it is a good dream.

whatahack

St. Peters MO
What's the deadline to take your name out of the NBA draft? Sorry if this is been asked already. I guess I need to stick around here more often because I keep seeing posts and I'm like what does this mean? Haha. It must be the offseason.

June 15th

JFGsCoffeeMug

BU:1 Trash cans:0
Chicago
What's the deadline to take your name out of the NBA draft? Sorry if this is been asked already. I guess I need to stick around here more often because I keep seeing posts and I'm like what does this mean? Haha. It must be the offseason.

It has been confusing for everyone. The original deadline set by the NCAA was June 3rd. But then the NBA announced they would be postponing the draft and combine, so the NCAA responded by saying the deadline to withdraw and maintain college eligibility would be extended and re-set based upon the NBA's future dates. So I think everything is still up in the air.

Will there be a HS basketball season? An AAU season?

The televised sports such as NBA and NCAA have the motivation to invest in the safety related expenditures necessary to play. If HS teams need to test players and have nurses or doctors present at every game, then many of the schools won’t be able to accommodate that.

If I was in the position to reclass, I’d do it. I think the chance that there is an NCAA season is much greater than a HS or AAU season. As an NCAA player you’ll have access to much better training facilities in the case that any of the seasons delayed/shortened/canceled. What’s the worst that would happen? NCAA season is canceled and everyone gets a free redshirt year?

Kofi has been back for awhile. Mac isn’t reclassifying and considering us if Kofi comes back. But I don’t think he is reclassifying anyway. Foster is only 17 dont see a reclass there either. He is also getting a lot of D league interest.
https://www.zagsblog.com/2020/05/02/class-of-2021-forward-mike-foster-weighing-reclass-to-2020/
Maybe you don’t see Foster reclassifying but he is considering it. Would give him the chance to work with Antiqua for 2 years to improve his game even more and 2 years of Fletch as well if he were to come here. And we have a need at that position that I’m sure he can see and the opportunity to play with some of his old MIF teammates must all be appealing to him. Makes a lot of sense plus gives him an opportunity to make some $ given the new NCAA rules on allowing student athletes to do endorsements under their guidelines.

drsmitty74

Rochester
For you guys in the know, do you see the NCAA's extension of the dead period until the end of July now, affecting anything positively or negatively with any of our current targets?

Status
Not open for further replies.