Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (May-June 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Admin
rbachhuber's Scholarship Grid (updated 06/27/2017)

NCAA Recruiting Calendar

recruiting-calendar-2017-june.jpg

Last edited:
First!!

Serious note....two schollies left....no FB so what we got cooking?!!??!?! ;)

yep 3 left

1 for JT
1 for another 2017 guy who can guard a 4 or 5
1 for a 5th year or for the first 2018 kid that says he is coming

IF we could get those 2 I don't think we would reach to far for filling the other. With as many guys as we are offering for 2018 having 2 open and maybe more later wouldn't be a bad thing

Justin Minaya would be my pick out of the 2017 guys

Having 3 for 2018 would be nice

Ayo
THT/Finke
?BIG?

Is there any reason to believe we might hear something about a commit this week? In all likelihood, who's next on our wish list?

So during the quiet period can coaches talk to recruits? Is it just that they can't go watch them play?

Really disappointed about FB. There I go watching tweet bait. JT moved back with his mom? Poor guy doesn't know what the real life doing to him let alone the recruiting thing. I'm sure the phones are buzzing in BB staff office. Need a 5yr dude, 6'7+, seems like Macintosh from ISU didn't get invited to the NBA combine, hope we on that lead. One thing for sure, staff been on it.:illinois:

:shield:

Three scholarships remaining

With our 3 I'd push for JT and finish out with 5th year guys. Let's fill as many schollies as we can this year while also opening some more up for next year. I don't know if the wright state kid is still available but I'd take him in a heartbeat.

IF we could get those 2 I don't think we would reach to far for filling the other. With as many guys as we are offering for 2018 having 2 open and maybe more later wouldn't be a bad thing

Justin Minaya would be my pick out of the 2017 guys

Idk if this has been posted yet, but basketball is a much prettier game when played by lefties.

https://youtu.be/z7SCO8zWdfI

Last edited by a moderator:

CoalCity

St Paul, MN
With our 3 I'd push for JT and finish out with 5th year guys. Let's fill as many schollies as we can this year while also opening some more up for next year. I don't know if the wright state kid is still available but I'd take him in a heartbeat.

That sounds like a pretty solid plan. A 5th year big that can help on the glass and protect the rim would be a real nice piece especially if Tilmon has a change of heart. Would be good for him to have a mature player to go against in practice for a year.

The third scholly would be great for an athletic wing type but they're going to be tough to find in the 5th year market, I fear. If we can find one that would be ideal so we can have some more available in 2018 with all the offers we're putting out there. Even though we missed on Frankie Jones :eek: I still think BU will pull a couple of surprises between now and summer enrollment. Recruiting is fluid.

Really disappointed about FB.

:shield:

+1

It's not that he flashed great bball talent, but he looked like a perfect fit that the staff wanted. Thought it would be nice to see how he did in this offense. 6'7" guys who can move well without the ball can be pretty disruptive.

Like everyone, I'm curious when the JT situation will resolve. Are we out or still working that? I assumed he gone when he asked out of his LOI, but it's been strangely quiet.

I do know BU isn't afraid to go small if he has to, but I'd feel so much better about next year if we had a guy who could guard the paint.

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
Not concerned about no JB. IF we fill all the scholly's except one with four year players and AJ and/or DJ do well in BU's system next year we have a problem with having open positions. My bet is one of the two surprises us next year. 3 point shooting is a lot mental and I have watched Simeon run the floor at the state tournament a lot. I remember when we went 9 or 10 deep and Weber said we were going to run the floor, but it never happened because he didn't have the offensive system to do it. In Weber's system that meant run around the 3 point line, screen, run the clock down looking for opening and pop it. Don't think that will be the case with BU. It will be interesting to follow JP and JB's career to see how they do. I think for next year a 5th year biggie is our priority or JT, someone that can step in and contribute right away.

Who is JB? Do you mean FB or JT?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at offer's on table for '17, where is O. Toppin from MD. Prep ? I haven't seen anything for abit , scouts show 4 offers , all cool. Any idea what is up?:D

Status
Not open for further replies.