Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (May-June 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dren1

Glenview, IL
Doesn't sound like Bradzeikis plans to reclassify to 2017. And even if he did, the most recent article published about him barely mentions Illinois as a true contender. From the sounds of it, Iowa St. and Pitt have the most sway for 2017 and Michigan, Vanderbilt, and Cincinnati have the most influence for 2018. http://www.zagsblog.com/2017/05/05/canadian-guard-ignas-brazdeikis-leaning-toward-2018/
I wouldn't read that much into the article. It does say that he is leaning towards 2018 and that he has taken unofficial visits to Michigan, Vanderbilt and Cincinnati, but he also mentions Illinois as one of the schools he hears from the most. IMO, we still have as good of a chance as anyone else at this point.

Deleted member 10676

D
http://www.d1circuit.com/page/show/3216016

EYBL leaders after 2 sessions. Iggy 5th, Dosunmu 6th in scoring, Finke 24th; Ayo and THT both top 25 in assists; Okoro 5th in blocks. Okoro and Finke both top 35 in rbs and rpg. Ayo scattered around in other categories.
Third session starts tomorrow night in Atlanta.

http://www.d1circuit.com/page/show/3216016

EYBL leaders after 2 sessions. Iggy 5th, Dosunmu 6th in scoring, Finke 24th; Ayo and THT both top 25 in assists; Okoro 5th in blocks. Okoro and Finke both top 35 in rbs and rpg. Ayo scattered around in other categories.
Third session starts tomorrow night in Atlanta.

Just wanted a quick shout-out to MTR for his excellent coverage of AAU stats/higlights, etc. I really look forward to reading your posts about possible Illini targets and how they are progressing throughout the year. I know I'm not the only one.

Keep up the good work! :thumb::shield:

Deleted member 10676

D
Just wanted a quick shout-out to MTR for his excellent coverage of AAU stats/higlights, etc. I really look forward to reading your posts about possible Illini targets and how they are progressing throughout the year. I know I'm not the only one.

:thumb:Thanks! It's fun watching them so I'll keep updating.

Another thing to add in regards to Tilmon is that mizzou has another scholarship open after a player announced that he is transferring yesterday . So they could tilmon and the younger porter yet.

whatahack

St. Peters MO

I want to second that. You da man Mike!!!

Another thing to add in regards to Tilmon is that mizzou has another scholarship open after a player announced that he is transferring yesterday . So they could tilmon and the younger porter yet.

Won't get both for this year. Porter could stay in '18, but not likely he does at this point since Michael has put such an emphasis on them playing together.

Illwinsagain

Cary, IL
Here is the million dollar question for the forum's loyal followers

"What if Tilmon wanted to come back?"

Where would the forum be then?

I said from the beginning that I would welcome him back. He was exercising his options, and maybe trying to do it above board.

I realize we still have a huge hole in the middle and it isn't a choice anyone needs to make with 4 open schollies, but I'd take Bradzeikis all day over Tilmon. He's a player.

You take Tilmon in this scenario every single time. He has higher potential and actually fills a position of great need. I don't see how this is even a question.

If a big was not a position of need, based on several comments above, would we want Tilmon? Or are we talking about Tilmon solely based on need?

It doesn't appear that we have a high level of interest in Toppin.

Yes ,I have noticed, that is why I asked, he was one of Coach A first recruits. Maybe we waiting to see if someone else decides B4 we make a push. He is from DC, I thought NY, but checked . Went to Mt.Zion prep. Not alot info. Again:confused:

If a big was not a position of need, based on several comments above, would we want Tilmon? Or are we talking about Tilmon solely based on need?

Yes, we would/should want Tilmon even if he was a pg. Illinois is not nearly in a position where we can afford to pass on borderline 5* talent in our own state because of a drawn out recruitment or hurt feelings.

I pay a lot more attention to his posts ever since I learned he was Mike the Relevator not Mike the Elevator.

I pay a lot more attention to his posts ever since I learned he was Mike the Relevator not Mike the Elevator.

I believe I was the first to point this out. I don't know if I would necessarily consider myself an insider being how it was in plain sight but if you are all comfortable with it...

I said from the beginning that I would welcome him back. He was exercising his options, and maybe trying to do it above board.

Again, let's not rationalize that it's only above board if he commits to us. The fact that he hasn't committed anywhere yet should be evidence enough enough either everyone is cheating or no one is cheating.

Dren1

Glenview, IL
I have never heard of this site before and I am not so sure about some of the analysis, but it is always nice to see a positive mention for one of our recruits:

http://www.12up.com/posts/4988641-4-underrated-college-basketball-recruits-in-the-2017-class

4 Underrated College Basketball Recruits in the 2017 Class

3. Da'Monte Williams
Illinois commit Da'monte Williams is about as a good of a scorer as anyone else in the 2017 recruiting class. At 6-3 Williams is a bigger guard, his shooting abilities accompanied by his impressive athleticism is enough to overwhelm any defender. Illinois has traditionally been a team that lives and dies by the three. Williams is a great shooter and will likely fit right into the Fighting Illini game-plan. Williams is ranked number 90 in ESPN's rankings. I think most would agree he should be quite a bit higher.

jmilt7

Waukegan
4 Underrated College Basketball Recruits in the 2017 Class

3. Da'Monte Williams
Illinois commit Da'monte Williams is about as a good of a scorer as anyone else in the 2017 recruiting class. At 6-3 Williams is a bigger guard, his shooting abilities accompanied by his impressive athleticism is enough to overwhelm any defender. Illinois has traditionally been a team that lives and dies by the three. Williams is a great shooter and will likely fit right into the Fighting Illini game-plan. Williams is ranked number 90 in ESPN's rankings. I think most would agree he should be quite a bit higher.

The big question is will he recover from his injury sufficiently enough to play this year or be red shirted? I don't think anyone knows yet, right? More waiting.

Kramer116

Chicago
The big question is will he recover from his injury sufficiently enough to play this year or be red shirted? I don't think anyone knows yet, right? More waiting.

He's been cleared to start running

Seems a little early in the year for our annual Mike the Elevator discussion. Could really go for an Alstork commitment right about now.

I like Alstork a lot. It worries me that L'ville is his last visit, but still I think we have a lot going in our favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.