Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (May-June 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,527      

Leonardite

Terre Haute, IN
Scrolled through several pages and didn't see anyone really mention Ty Mosley (may have missed it), but that kid is a freak athlete. I only saw him play two games in Peoria this year and he was great. Had one of the best 2A dunks I've ever seen in the championship game. Pretty good ballhandler, has a chance to be an elite defensive guard with his length, speed, and jumping ability. Not much of a shooter, however. I was surprised to see him coming to campus. He looked more like a DePaul, Creighton, mid major, etc. type of player.

#1,528      

hooraybeer

Pittsburgh, PA
Scrolled through several pages and didn't see anyone really mention Ty Mosley (may have missed it), but that kid is a freak athlete. I only saw him play two games in Peoria this year and he was great. Had one of the best 2A dunks I've ever seen in the championship game. Pretty good ballhandler, has a chance to be an elite defensive guard with his length, speed, and jumping ability. Not much of a shooter, however. I was surprised to see him coming to campus. He looked more like a DePaul, Creighton, mid major, etc. type of player.

Leonardite--funny story.. I was the 12yo ballboy in the orange cap under the basket for the Frank Williams show "get a TO baby get a TO!"

Last edited:
#1,529      

I wonder if Creighton fans look at themselves as a mid major when they compare themselves to us over the last 10 years

#1,548      

Smacko

Lexington, KY
This is just a PR move and a move to try and recruit E.J Liddell since he is friends with Pickett. Javon can reclassify but he is not going to be a high major player in a year. Look at what teams were interested in him after he decommited. UM-Milwaukee is not exactly a high major. WKU wasn't interested anymore after they realized they couldn't use him to get Tilmon. This is a short term move, because once Javon sits the bench or gets cut it isn't going to help Martin much in ESL.

Status
Not open for further replies.