Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (May-June 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,652      
Boothe stepped down as coach at Manual and replaced by Willie Coleman. I have no information to believe that was the reason for Miller to transfer, but that would seem to be a possibility.

#1,653      

kcib8130

Parts Unknown
You can't really say he never wanted to be here when by all accounts was fully committed until Groce was fired.

He showed a bit of wavering back around signing day, when he had a re-announcement for the Illini. When he left LaLu for ESL, it was the beginning of the end for us.

#1,654      
[FONT=&quot]Evan Flood‏Verified account @Evan_Flood 2hr [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]WATCH: Nike EYBL highlights of @TheMacIrvinFire guard Ayo Dosunmu and small forward Talen Horton-Tucker. http://www.ny2lahoops.tv/ [/FONT]

The more I see of THT the more I feel he is the most important get for 2018, I know Ayo is higher rated , but THT just seems to bring more to the table as far as all around player. If Mark Smith is the perfect Guard for what BU wants, THT to me is more in that mold of a player

#1,655      

FeelTheLovie

Louisville, KY
The more I see of THT the more I feel he is the most important get for 2018, I know Ayo is higher rated , but THT just seems to bring more to the table as far as all around player. If Mark Smith is the perfect Guard for what BU wants, THT to me is more in that mold of a player

really needs to develop his left hand still

#1,658      
Adam Miller to Bloomington would be a win for us. Were rumors he was looking at some of the top Chicago programs as well (although I don't know how much truth there was in that). Best if he stays away from that scene, even with Chin on staff.

Bloomington is suddenly becoming a really important area for us with Okoro, Payton, and now potentially Miller. I can't remember the last time the Bloomington area had that kind of talent.

Agreed. Okoro is a beast.

#1,659      
I don't think I ever remember Tilmon saying he wants to be a one and done. Even if he did that would have benefited us. If JT came here, had a nice season, and then left for the NBA Our staff could sell that to the highly regarded 18's and 19's we're recruiting. That's just another way to look at it I guess.

I can't find the link, but I do remember an interview where Tilmon said he planned on being a one-and-done. Although I don't believe he's anywhere near that, getting a one-and-done in the near future would do wonders for our program.

Last edited:
#1,660      
Adam Miller to Bloomington would be a win for us. Were rumors he was looking at some of the top Chicago programs as well (although I don't know how much truth there was in that). Best if he stays away from that scene, even with Chin on staff.

Bloomington is suddenly becoming a really important area for us with Okoro, Payton, and now potentially Miller. I can't remember the last time the Bloomington area had that kind of talent.

Not to mention I think there's a top underclassmen transferring from Normal to Atlanta.

Not quite the same level of talent but the first to come to mind was back when they had Justin Bocot, Dodie and Brandon Dunson and that 7 footer from BCC.

#1,661      
Whats up with Alonzo Verge?

Is Illinois still even a fit? I have seen The :illinois: on several sites as possible destination.

Illinois needs a big more, but I am curious. Hate to see him be a gopher and tear it up Lewis Jackson-style.

#1,662      
LOL every month a new poster asks about Verge. It ain't happening, and not because of talent.

Hope he gets the help he needs at prep or JUCO.

#1,663      

Deleted member 4333

D
Is Illinois still even a fit? I have seen The :illinois: on several sites as possible destination.

Illinois needs a big more, but I am curious. Hate to see him be a gopher and tear it up Lewis Jackson-style.

I believe he's still working through the NCAA qualification process.

#1,664      

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
LOL every month a new poster asks about Verge. It ain't happening, and not because of talent.

Hope he gets the help he needs at prep or JUCO.

Yeah, he's basically Marcus Lovett 2.0. Great player, even a similarly flashy game, but just too many academic complications for him to have much of a chance to end up at :illinois:.

#1,666      
Bright lights and big pay days is what moves players and parents. Calipari can provide a blueprint if your one of his chosen ones. Needs to honest with yourself to know if your a one and done. Or backup when others leave early.

#1,668      
I can't find the link, but I do remember an interview where Tilmon said he planned on being a one-and-done. Although I don't believe he's anywhere near that, getting a one-and-done in the near future would do wonders for our program.

Yeah I mean I've never seen him publically declaring his anticipation or desire of being a one and done, and barring a fantastic freshman campaign I don't see him as a one and done either. I mainly just wanted to point out that him potentially being a one and done for us wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. That would have been a great selling point to future bigs, and meant we in all likelihood would have had a good season.

#1,669      
Yeah I mean I've never seen him publically declaring his anticipation or desire of being a one and done, and barring a fantastic freshman campaign I don't see him as a one and done either. I mainly just wanted to point out that him potentially being a one and done for us wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. That would have been a great selling point to future bigs, and meant we in all likelihood would have had a good season.

Its hard to be a 1 and done when you don't even start on your College Team as a freshman....

#1,670      
Its hard to be a 1 and done when you don't even start on your College Team as a freshman....
Marvin Williams UNC 2005, the second overall pick in the 2005 NBA draft

#1,671      

He said that Groce's pitch to him was that he'd only be in college for a year or two

#1,673      
Job change I am told

There was a coaching change there but they just hired an assistant coach. It isn't like I would anticipate much change with the team. Maybe Miller and Willie Coleman don't have a great relationship? I thought Miller was playing with the Manual team this summer whenever his AAU obligations didn't get in the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.