Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (May-June 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#2,252      
I think a lot of people who haven't seen liddell play would be shocked he's not a big man he's more of at this time a small power forward with small forward skills. While he's not a hyper athletic guy he is a very good athlete with great instincts he plays with a mean streak he plays well inside but he's much more that. For his age and size he handles the ball well and has a really nice shot from outside. The really great thing about him is he has eyes in the back of his head. The two games I saw him play he made numerous highlight reel passes. As far as development goes he looks young and while he's not skinny he's going to get bigger. He is very underrated from what I have read. I hope they get him signed up because as long as he works and avoids injury and trouble he will be an impact nba player

I've seen him play a lot. He's more of a four than a three right now because he doesn't handle the ball that well or have the quickness of a three. He can shoot the three and has a solid post up game which makes him more of a stretch 4. He also plays much bigger than his 6'7" height.

#2,255      
Well just kidding... there's conflicting reports right now. Keep on the lookout though! Back to your regularly scheduled programming lol

#2,261      
For a Wednesday after THT has had a chance to legally change his first name to Mark???

By the way, Lathon and THT had their Northwestern visits the same day so lets hope that no bonding took place. THT signing with the ILLINI sooner rather than later could begin a rush by others to claim one of those limited schollies that will remain for Class of 2018 given the large number of offers that Coach Underwood has made. Any Class headed by THT would be a big win!

#2,262      
ESPN fired like 75% of their actual writers and now all they're producing is clickbait garbage like this article. I would be more surprised if their insights were defensible rather than the obvious indefensible. We'd all be healthier to just not click ESPN article links anymore.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1498570039567.jpg
    FB_IMG_1498570039567.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 477
#2,265      
I've seen him play a lot. He's more of a four than a three right now because he doesn't handle the ball that well or have the quickness of a three. He can shoot the three and has a solid post up game which makes him more of a stretch 4. He also plays much bigger than his 6'7" height.

Sounds like a 4 at the college level and a 3 after that.

#2,274      

blackdog

Champaign
Coaching carousel impacts recruiting for 4-star wing Finke
https://illinois.rivals.com/news/coaching-carousel-impacts-recruiting-for-4-star-wing-finke

Illinois mentioned with Cockburn, Timme & Okoro
https://twitter.com/UIHoopsRecruits/status/880235491387375616

Normal West C Francis Okoko discusses where things stand w #Illini in video
https://www.prephoops.com/2017/06/francis-okoro-video-3/

Okoro seems like a pretty intelligent kid watching that interview. Good insights for someone that young.

#2,275      
A 6-7 Finke who can shoot, pass, and overall good bb IQ will do well at the SF position. Finke has good athleticism could see him being a great glue guy in the offense. Duke has done well with these type of unselfish team oriented players. I can see Finke being a 3 point, post-up, and backdoor threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.