Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (May-June 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#2,276      

HC Illini

HC Illini
Okoro seems like a pretty intelligent kid watching that interview. Good insights for someone that young.

Okoro is a great kid. He will be a great teammate too. He is going to be a huge asset to whichever program he picks.

#2,280      
Where do you think he should be ranked in his class nationally. The 90's seems way too low to me.

It's tough to say as I haven't seen him play against his peers this summer. I did watch him outplay Tilmon this year and it wasn't close. I think he has a chance to unseat Goodwin as the best player to ever come out of Belleville. If you look at his production (points, rebounds, blocks) in a tough conference as a sophomore you'd have to say 90 is too low.

#2,281      

BLloyd2311

Los Angeles
A 6-7 Finke who can shoot, pass, and overall good bb IQ will do well at the SF position. Finke has good athleticism could see him being a great glue guy in the offense. Duke has done well with these type of unselfish team oriented players. I can see Finke being a 3 point, post-up, and backdoor threat.

I feel Finke's upside is threw the roof if he can develop a money 3 point shot/ jumper, that should be his main focus. Getting that jumper lights out. I really like this years instate class some real ballers. But not too the level we're the Blue Bloods are sniffing around all crazy besides Ayo. Finke or THT are must gets gotta get at least one. Conditt is turning into a top 100 recruit would love to have him as well.

#2,283      
It's tough to say as I haven't seen him play against his peers this summer. I did watch him outplay Tilmon this year and it wasn't close. I think he has a chance to unseat Goodwin as the best player to ever come out of Belleville. If you look at his production (points, rebounds, blocks) in a tough conference as a sophomore you'd have to say 90 is too low.

Malcom Hill is the best player to ever come out of Belleville.

#2,285      

wcrasta2

Class of 2017, Comp Eng
San Francisco, CA
Jerry Meyer just put a prediction in for Dosunmu to the Illini :peace:

#2,288      

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-29 at 3.51.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-29 at 3.51.25 PM.png
    213.5 KB · Views: 331
#2,289      
Goodwin easily had the better high school career and was the better player. That's not even a debate.

Goodwin had slightly better stats while playing in a decidedly weaker conference. Malcom Hill finished 3rd for Mr. Basketball his senior year behind two guys named Jabari Parker and Jahlil Okafor, and we all know the resume he put together here at Illinois.

#2,290      
Not sure Goodwin will have a better career. Hill nevet saw the �� but finished with a good career pg.

#2,291      
Jerry Meyer just put a prediction in for Dosunmu to the Illini :peace:

AYO . . . THT . . . FINKE . . . and any one of the BIGS that have offers on the table. Obviously it hasn't happened yet and ultimately it may not but given the transformation in attitude and expectations that Coach Underwood has brought to UIUC, the fact that we are seriously talking about it just 3 months after Josh made his stealth hire is extraordinary. This long suffering ILLINI believes!!!

#2,294      

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
AYO . . . THT . . . FINKE . . . and any one of the BIGS that have offers on the table. Obviously it hasn't happened yet and ultimately it may not but given the transformation in attitude and expectations that Coach Underwood has brought to UIUC, the fact that we are seriously talking about it just 3 months after Josh made his stealth hire is extraordinary. This long suffering ILLINI believes!!!

I know that I for one would be excited as hell for that class if it happened. With who we have now that would be one formidable team over the next 4 years under Underwood's and staff's coaching.

#2,296      
I know that I for one would be excited as hell for that class if it happened. With who we have now that would be one formidable team over the next 4 years under Underwood's and staff's coaching.

Just need a verbal from one of them to get the ball rolling for the class of 2018. Then the Underwood gold rush would be on!

#2,298      

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
THT, Conditt, I think are best shot. Really surprised with Ayo's reaction on his his visit, think he's more on fence than B4. Say's something that he visited :illinois: first. Reading Finke's interview from other day, seems like he really likes Holtman and staff, makes him a edge towards OSU. Locking up THT, should be #1 priority, hope rest come along.:chief:
See what happens with Ayo when Duke, Kentucky, UCLA come sniffing around. Not leaving Xavier out.

Huh? Love THT, but he's not a transformative recruit (like Ayo). 2 Illinois CBs (Meyer & Miller) for Ayo today. It appears that he really likes us. Hoping Underwood closes. That said, any order works as long as we land our primary targets.

#2,299      

Oldtoysrock

Sarasota, Florida
Just heard that Pete Nance signed an LOI with Northwestern. Will this help with any of the recruits were going after?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.