Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (May-June 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,752      
giphy.gif

That there’s funny, I don’t care who you are!

#1,754      
...and you forgot Golden and Okoro, so yeah, they should've seen all of that coming.

Well, we always had a scholly for Okoro. I'd rather have Trice than Golden though, as he'd be more ready to play right now and it's only a two-year commitment.

This "haha, you dummy, how could the staff possibly predict that they would spectacularly fail on the recruiting trail?" argument is pretty hilarious though.

#1,755      
it was stated the staff did not want to wait for Parker braun and moved on. That seems not true. Moved on to what? 1 new prospect? 2019 scouting? Unless 2019 recruits looked much better in the early evaluation period. But why bring in another big to visit? Oh well just rambling. 5th years are fine but how do you know if they fit culture? Probably can’t scout locker room. And if a leader, wouldn’t they stay at current school? That’s who you want as a 5th year.

#1,757      
Well, we always had a scholly for Okoro. I'd rather have Trice than Golden though, as he'd be more ready to play right now and it's only a two-year commitment.

This "haha, you dummy, how could the staff possibly predict that they would spectacularly fail on the recruiting trail?" argument is pretty hilarious though.

How about the "Ha ha, you dummy (Not directed at you, merely using your meme), the staff did quite well on the recruiting trail" argument?

What I like is the "Oh woe is Illinois, Ebo left us, how will we ever survive" argument, lol.

Last edited:
#1,759      
Frink and Soriano looked pretty good for the Dominicans last night. Can Antigua develop a DR pipeline?

#1,760      
Frink and Soriano looked pretty good for the Dominicans last night. Can Antigua develop a DR pipeline?

Having just gotten back from the DR, if he needs any help, I’ll volunteer to do the dirty work.

It’s a tough job, but someone’s gotta do it.

#1,762      

SKane

Tennessee
I guess there is no news about Zdor at this point.

Does anyone have any idea about when he will decide which team he will sign with?

#1,767      
C'mon people, give this its proper due (or is it proper do?....was never solid on that).
POTD :)

I think it's zdoo. But unfortunately, no potd vote from me as, like the Friends gif above, it's a re-run (see post #1851 from jcgoldie).

#1,771      

SKane

Tennessee
I guess I have missed something but did BU offer Dima a scholarship?

#1,775      
Yeah me too. Hopefully we can find someone. Everything feels last minute once again. You'd think we'd be used to this by now.

It feels last minute because of all the transfers this spring. Those are a lot of players to fill. Hopefully soon things settle down to a more manageable time table.

Status
Not open for further replies.