Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (May-June 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UofIChE06

Pittsburgh
Late CB's tend to be more reliable. We should be realistic about Okoro.

(I hope I'm wrong)

Late is a very relative term. If Okoro does visit UI you could see a lot of CBs change. That's how it works. The CBs are basically a heat check.

Tacomallini

Washington State
Geesh... we've lost out on recruits with heartbreaking hat ceremonies... been blindsided by twitter surprises... but this is the first time I recall a recruitment simply being starved for oxygen as the window for a visit slowly closes with no info...

giphy.webp

What movie is this GIF from?

I guess players wanting to leave or stay has to do with how much they value cold winters, and sweeping vistas of corn.

They're pretty accurate as a recruit gets closer to a decision. It doesn't mean that they're always right but I'd bet they're right over 90% of the time in the days leading up to a commitment.

meh, Okoro only has 5 CB's, looks like 2 PU picks jumped to Oregon. Sure a lot of times news breaks just before an announcement & you see last minute jumps...I think Golden had 1 of maybe 10 jump last minute, but so late he didn't get any points for it. But this doesn't look like that. This looks to me more like a quiet recruitment, mostly outside of the national attention, and 2 of the purdue picks think Purdue may have slipped a bit. I'd still bet the field against any of the 3 front runners.

Jerry Meyer Oregon CB now. I think he too will just jump on the band wagon, so still hopeful.

Ok.....so when Meyer picks Illinois he's usually got some Intel but when he doesn't pick Illinois he's jumping on the band wagon. Hmmm. I always thought Meyer only picked when he's heard something. Guess we'll keep our heads buried in the sand.

t7nich

Central IL
*checks transfer list to see what's available*

Ok.....so when Meyer picks Illinois he's usually got some Intel but when he doesn't pick Illinois he's jumping on the band wagon. Hmmm. I always thought Meyer only picked when he's heard something. Guess we'll keep our heads buried in the sand.

When will this attitude cease? We have the most chicken little fan base in America, and there is at LEAST as much "poor Illinois, this will probably go wrong, too!" attitude as there is homerism here. DEFINITELY more than other boards, including programs that haven't been any better than us.

Oklro

My neice dated him for about a year. My hunch is he ends up at Illinois. I don't see him going far from home.

If no visit scheduled soon, too much smoke to Oregon to not be fire. That’s all I got for now.

When will this attitude cease? We have the most chicken little fan base in America, and there is at LEAST as much "poor Illinois, this will probably go wrong, too!" attitude as there is homerism here. DEFINITELY more than other boards, including programs that haven't been any better than us.

There's room for optimism in our program, but the false hope just leads to panic when things don't go our way. Oregon has made the tournament 5 out of the last 6 years and has a top 25 program heading into next year. It's not like people are trying to be pessimistic but Okoro has seemed much more positive when speaking about Oregon than Illinois or Purdue.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Or he likes a team that got to the tournament at least once since he's been in the country? On top of a similar style that we can offer. Plus top of the line facilities and merch. The "$" crap needs to stop.

Exactly, and if you've never been to Eugene and the surrounding area....Central Illinois is never going to win that beauty contest. ( I love you C-U ):illinois:

kuhl84

Orlando, FL
Josh Cunningham and Jordan Caroline??

Martin twins both made the invite list to the NBA combine, Caroline not invited, FYI. Nevada's roster is garbage w/out the Martins.

The crystal balls on Okoro don't bother me...they exited Purdue because its pretty clear they are out. Not giving up until he commits somewhere...he's had ample opportunity to commit to Oregon, but hasn't. If no visit by Friday, I will lose hope.

t7nich

Central IL
Martin twins both made the invite list to the NBA combine, Caroline not invited, FYI. Nevada's roster is garbage w/out the Martins.

The crystal balls on Okoro don't bother me...they exited Purdue because its pretty clear they are out. Not giving up until he commits somewhere...he's had ample opportunity to commit to Oregon, but hasn't. If no visit by Friday, I will lose hope.

He wasn't going to commit anywhere before getting clarity on the reclassification.

kuhl84

Orlando, FL
Not true. He won’t have official clarification on reclass from NCAA for quite some time. That won’t stop him from committing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™

Precisely.

Status
Not open for further replies.