Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (November 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it feel like other B1G schools seem to get the younger guys in for unofficials on a more frequent basis than we do? Maybe I just don't pay attention, just seems like whenever I hear of a rising underclassman, it's always followed by the fact that he's visted places like Purdue already (or is planning to).

Might also be that I'm just lumping them all in the category of "unofficial to not Illinois", so it just seems like there's more...

This is just a timing thing. When Groce left, Underwood's staff needed to fill spots quickly therefor focused on upperclassmen more often. This will eventually swing the other way a little.

ILL in IA

Iowa City
We really should have a LoyaltyDictionary thread to define all of the old saying and jokes for anyone new. A guide through KFC, Everything is fine, goodnight, IDKWTI, Black Polo guy, We Have our PG!, HRF, Luther will pay for him, foul on arch.

I've been here too long.

Last edited:

SampsonRelpenk

Edwardsville, IL
Does it feel like other B1G schools seem to get the younger guys in for unofficials on a more frequent basis than we do? Maybe I just don't pay attention, just seems like whenever I hear of a rising underclassman, it's always followed by the fact that he's visted places like Purdue already (or is planning to).

Might also be that I'm just lumping them all in the category of "unofficial to not Illinois", so it just seems like there's more...
Per the News-Gazette he's been on campus twice already.

We really should have a LoyaltyDictionary thread to define all of the old saying and jokes for anyone new. A guide through KFC, Everything is fine, goodnight, IDKWTI, Black Polo guy, We Have our PG!, HRF, Luther will pay for him, foul on arch.

I've been here too long.

Coach K is looking to buy land near Mahomet. Rick Majerus (RIP) has reserved a suite at the Park Inn.

If I am not mistaken, he took an unofficial to Illinois within the last month.

IF we land Miller and IF we don't lose anyone early, we will have 4 of the 10 highest rated Illinois signees (since 2000) on the roster next year. Understand that some wash out / don't reach their potential, but I'm excited about that!

1 - Jereme Richmond
2 - Ayo Dosunumu
3 - Meyers Leonard
4 - Rich McBride

5 - Adam Miller
6 - Jalen Coleman-Lands
7 - Leron Black

8 - Kofi Cockburn
9 - Andre Curbelo

10 - Brian Randle

Oskee

Chicago 'Burbs
IF we land Miller and IF we don't lose anyone early, we will have 4 of the 10 highest rated Illinois signees (since 2000) on the roster next year. Understand that some wash out / don't reach their potential, but I'm excited about that!

1 - Jereme Richmond
2 - Ayo Dosunumu
3 - Meyers Leonard
4 - Rich McBride

5 - Adam Miller
6 - Jalen Coleman-Lands
7 - Leron Black

8 - Kofi Cockburn
9 - Andre Curbelo

10 - Brian Randle
Love your point, but not sure 2000 is quite accurate... these guys say hi
af5f07282bcdcc38efe3bff40ba2d6d1.jpg

illinihawk16

Chicago

1 - Jereme Richmond
2 - Ayo Dosunumu
3 - Meyers Leonard
4 - Rich McBride

5 - Adam Miller
6 - Jalen Coleman-Lands
7 - Leron Black

8 - Kofi Cockburn
9 - Andre Curbelo

10 - Brian Randle

Dee Brown not on the list?

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
I knew it was sarcasm, and I appreciate the Loyaltyisms from the past. But some still make me flinch when I think of them. "Everything is fine....goodnight" is one of them.

I understand , as it was a major pain in the a** for all of Illini nation....I , however, see it differently today, as a way to ease my pain and use it as a way to understand the cesspool that college recruiting has become....Without any policing of it to this date...Will we see AZ, Kansas, LSU and others that have been caught on tape and the legendary taking care of recruits families by Puke and others, notwithstanding the academic snafu that is NC, I want to see a day where recruits want to play for a school that has been a place they have said is their "{ dream school " not b/c of $$$$$$ but for pride in their state or whatever...

steps down off soapbox........................

Love thatvArizona fans are watching our loyalty page.. a fan posted this on adam miller Tipton edits post today...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191121-115319_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20191121-115319_Twitter.jpg
    810.4 KB · Views: 1,432

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
05' throwback unis!! Let's get them on the uniform schedule!!

Status
Not open for further replies.