Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (November 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

haasi

New York
I am all for (err maybe mostly for) free speech, but someone should ban reading tea leaves from twitter postings

Then what else would we talk about in this thread? :)

Careful. That's a loaded question amongst this bunch. Now if you'll excuse me I need to start planning my lunch order from Portillo's, indisputably the best restaurant in the state of Illinois if not the Midwest and beyond.

If we have the scholarship avail. would be better sitting here and practicing with the team.
As a JUCO coach the way the transfer rules work is this: if you were a qualifier out of HS, you can transfer at any time and not have to sit out a year. If you were not a qualifier our of HS, you would have to get your AA or AS before accepting a Division 1 scholarship.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
As a JUCO coach the way the transfer rules work is this: if you were a qualifier out of HS, you can transfer at any time and not have to sit out a year. If you were not a qualifier our of HS, you would have to get your AA or AS before accepting a Division 1 scholarship.

Good info, thanks. Are all non-qualifiers in the same bin? Say a kid was missing a core class or an international class wasn't counted. College entrance exam and GPA are more than adequate. Does that kid have to get an AA/AS or simply fill in the missing prerequisites?

Good info, thanks. Are all non-qualifiers in the same bin? Say a kid was missing a core class or an international class wasn't counted. College entrance exam and GPA are more than adequate. Does that kid have to get an AA/AS or simply fill in the missing prerequisites?
All non qualifiers are in the same bin. Their best bet would be to go to a 5th year prep school. Once you go JUCO you're put in the 2 year plan.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
All non qualifiers are in the same bin. Their best bet would be to go to a 5th year prep school. Once you go JUCO you're put in the 2 year plan.

Thanks. WRT Kouma, not great news. But he could preserve a year of eligibility if he doesn't play next season.

The Recruit

The Eternal Optimist
Denver, CO
Is Kouma good enough that we should be worrying about his future eligibility?

I agree. I like what we seem to have with Hawkins coming in, and I think we can all agree Kouma seems like more of a project big, and unless he can come in and be a better project than what we already have in Hamlin (which at this moment he may be.. but Hamlin is getting experience this year against better competition as well as within our system). That being said, I don't feel that Kouma coming would really be of huge benefit so as much as we need to focus our attention on landing someone to replace Kofi (higher impact sort).

Thanks. WRT Kouma, not great news. But he could preserve a year of eligibility if he doesn't play next season.

Kouma won't be here when all is said and done....we will be past that level by then, imo.

The Recruit

The Eternal Optimist
Denver, CO
Man, I think Kuoma looks solid. Seems like he's stronger/more physically ready than Hamlin & more polished to me. Would't count him out.

I would agree if we had both Hamlin and Kouma right now, that Kouma would be much better in terms of talent right now, and overall potential. However, I'm just not so sure it would be worth taking him being a year or two back from Hamlin in our system and experience.

I would agree if we had both Hamlin and Kouma right now, that Kouma would be much better in terms of talent right now, and overall potential. However, I'm just not so sure it would be worth taking him being a year or two back from Hamlin in our system and experience.

Something to consider is that Kofi could be gone by the 2021 season. If that happens having both Kouma and Hamlin would help us with that transition.

I agree. I like what we seem to have with Hawkins coming in, and I think we can all agree Kouma seems like more of a project big, and unless he can come in and be a better project than what we already have in Hamlin (which at this moment he may be.. but Hamlin is getting experience this year against better competition as well as within our system). That being said, I don't feel that Kouma coming would really be of huge benefit so as much as we need to focus our attention on landing someone to replace Kofi (higher impact sort).
He reminds me of the samba kane project

I saw the video as well. They had a 3 pt, free throw, timed shooting and I think dunk contest. I don’t think smoked is the appropriate word, but he did beat him

Status
Not open for further replies.