Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (November 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

illinimike

Wheaton, IL
View attachment 5111

I really don't like this. Feels like he's waiting/hoping for a blue blood offer.
Yeah, it would be nice to have a written commitment in hand, but with where our program is right now that isn't going to happen with the biggest recruits. If we want to compete for the best recruits we still have a lot to prove. I'm not worried about Miller. I think we will make the tournament this year and see him sign in the spring.

hooraybeer

Pittsburgh, PA
Miller to visit Michigan this weekend after extending offer

Attachments

• 0E1D17B2-CD20-4768-879B-C9A08FDD7FC6.png
    0E1D17B2-CD20-4768-879B-C9A08FDD7FC6.png
    414.2 KB · Views: 701
  • 5AD256F0-8B0D-459D-9081-52C4760F6CD0.png
    5AD256F0-8B0D-459D-9081-52C4760F6CD0.png
    743.4 KB · Views: 607
Last edited:
Miller to visit Michigan this weekend after extending offer

He really wanted that Michigan offer, very close with Howard. Appealing to play with Isaiah Todd.

MIF source told me to expect this, and to watch out for Memphis as well. Rumors are flying of a big de-commit from a blue blood, that could change things as well.

Worth noting if he takes an OV to Michigan this weekend, that will be his last OV. (Louisville, AZ, AZ State, Illinois, and Michigan)

My prediction has not changed. :shield:

However, it ain't gonna be over till the ink drys...

Last edited:

Deleted member 4960

D
Why in the world would he say he is committing to one of 3 schools and then that same day or next day say he is visiting another school. That is absolutely ridiculous.

View attachment 5111

I really don't like this. Feels like he's waiting/hoping for a blue blood offer.
This was my exact thinking after I saw the old post he made showing what he wanted to accomplish. He had Kansas, Duke & Kentucky on the bottom of the page. Could have committed to Kansas, but they just took a combo and they have the violations. Now with the Michigan offer, who knows. This is beginning to become a strange recruitment. Add in the fact that he is not even going to sign next week. Frustrating when teams just hop in at the last minute with an offer, then they get a visit. He said he commitment video will be heartfelt. Only time will tell.

Deleted member 4960

D
I think we need to focus attention elsewhere. Even if he verbally commits chances are he will back out and leave us holding the empty bag.

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
He really wanted that Michigan offer, very close with Howard. Appealing to play with Isaiah Todd.

MIF source told me to expect this, and to watch out for Memphis as well. Rumors are flying of a big de-commit from a blue blood, that could change things as well.

Worth noting if he takes an OV to Michigan this weekend, that will be his last OV. (Louisville, AZ, AZ State, Illinois, and Michigan)

My prediction has not changed. :shield:

However, it ain't gonna be over till the ink drys...
Feels like I've seen this movie before...

Everybody's saying Illinois, but I agree...this ain't over till the ink on that NLI is dry.

At this point in time, if he isn't pushed to commit in writing, then I think it does not bode well for the ILLINI. Miller has been recruited since freshman year, is he isn't sure by now, then by spring may not make any difference as well?

I think the staff needs to push him to sign now, if he doesn't, well we have our PG, we have a SG or several actually, and for once the ILLINI can spin it as they checkmated not the other way around. Do we potentially lose a 4-5* CG sure, do we really need him for many reasons sure, are we going to get him come spring if it goes that far, doubtful.

Look for grad transfer next spring, look for another B1G that is mobile and athletic, Kouma could still be approached (not my choice), or another late bloomer or European kid could come into play. Certainly the 4-5* would not appear presumably, but with Curbelo and Hawkins, the 2 transfers coming in and Trent Frazier leading the charge again, I think we would be just fine without Miller/Ayo actually. I am not sure Ayo goes Pro however either so, if not we have a 3rd year Miller if you will and not a 1st year Miller?

Status
Not open for further replies.