Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (November 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Welp, I sure didn't mean to spark a debate about shirts and ties and character. It was just a nice observation.

There's several other tidbits that lead me to my comments on his high character, but make no mistake....a HS kid putting on a shirt and tie these days is a pretty good indicator of a kid that cares and values high character traits.

Edit: Perhaps the key takeaway from this is....he chose to wear a shirt and a tie when he didn't have to. Many jobs require shirts and ties and therefore don't necessarily guarantee the character within.

I think Miller is just a good kid excited about another high major offer. UM boards are not playing it up. I think MIller will make us a top 15 recruiting class.
1573689010643.png

Back when the great depression was ending, my then wife started buying lots of new items for the farmhouse. I am talking new frying pan, the works.

What I am getting at is that Illinois basketball is the great depression and we are now stocking our cupboards with some great frying pans...

Hopefully signs of a new day in Littyville can breathe some new life into the orange crush.

Landing guys like Curbelo and Hawkins in the fall signing period gives me a lot of optimism that a return to consistent relevance is in the works.

Getting Miller at this point would be icing on the cake, as the Illini would likey take another step forward. That said, losing out on him is not likely set the program back as long as one of the Hutchison/Grandison pickups work out and Tev gets a handle on whatever is holding him back.

I think we finally have, and from the looks of it, will have a roster stocked with legit B1G talent for he next few years. It’s been awhile. We may not be quite ready to hang any banners, but I think if we can stay In the upper half of the league and go dancing, the worm will eventually turn regarding top 25 recruits.
I’m still very hopeful Miller will return home to Central Illinois. It would make for a very fun 20-21 season, but the team should be pretty good regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.