Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (November 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my thoughts but I'm sure Miller expects to start. Illinois is missing a true point guard. Curbelo would solve that issue. He will start. Trent will start his senior season. Ayo coming back next year with Miller on the team means someone is the 6th man. Who? In that scenario Miller
I could see us running a 3 guard lineup. Curbelo, Trent, Miller, Giorgi, and Kofi. I guess it depends on how Griffin and Jones perform.

I could see us running a 3 guard lineup. Curbelo, Trent, Miller, Giorgi, and Kofi. I guess it depends on how Griffin and Jones perform.

If Miller is here, we would run Trent/Griffin/Miller with Curbelo relieving or splitting time with Trent on the floor together.

If Adam Miller comes, I do not believe Curbelo starts right away. Whatever kind of guard you want to call Miller, he has a college ready body, can facilitate but more importantly, he can score at will and can defend bigger wing players. Curbelo still has a lot of work to do to get his body ready and defensively. I also believe as a freshman, in this scenario, Curbelo is the perfect 6th man/spark plug off the bench. He can run the offense, get guys on the 2nd unit in their spots and can learn and grow physically without added pressure as starter until he’s ready. Again, you all need to remember that Miller is a borderline 5 star kid who just came away from a Team USA minicamp getting looks as a potential one and done.

Just my thoughts but I'm sure Miller expects to start. Illinois is missing a true point guard. Curbelo would solve that issue. He will start. Trent will start his senior season. Ayo coming back next year with Miller on the team means someone is the 6th man. Who? In that scenario Miller
Folks Ayo will be going pro after this year. 0% chance he's back next year. ADAM MILLER you are our starting shooting guard😉

sacraig

The desert
Honestly, I want a guy that actually wants to be at Illinois and isn't afraid of competition. But that's me.

giphy.gif

Few kids just "want to be at Illinois" without first being convinced by the staff. We aren't Kentucky. This might be the most tired and meaningless IL trope.

giphy.gif

Few kids just "want to be at Illinois" without first being convinced by the staff. We aren't Kentucky. This might be the most tired and meaningless IL trope.

Yep. I've always found it ridiculous that people assign the "afraid" feeling to people who use playing time as one of their decision points on what school to go to. There's a limited number of minutes to be had at every school. Recognizing that isn't fear. It's intelligence.

Why is this good news?
I saw this yesterday, couldn't believe it. There is actually a buzz in the city about DePaul. I don't know if the commitment will last, but it did happen. Players are seeing how DePaul is running up and down the court in that uptempo offense and they are liking it. They beat Iowa last week and they are undefeated I think. Add in the fact that Charlie Moore and Markese Jacobs are there from the Public League. Jalen Coleman-Lands is also there.

Doesn't hurt for Miller to sign now. If Ayo stays and we have one too many commitments, then the staff can release him from the commitment.

I'm sure the staff and Miller's camp are on the same page on how things will play depending on the different Ayo scenarios.

Unless BU hasn't talked to Miller yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.