Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (November 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep reading that Miller is wanting to make sure that Ayo leaves. I would think he'd want Ayo to stay. Ayo plays PG. Miller - SG. I would think Ayo staying would affect AC's playing time more than Miller. What am I missing?

TheAngryBavarian

Charleston/Collinsville
I keep reading that Miller is wanting to make sure that Ayo leaves. I would think he'd want Ayo to stay. Ayo plays PG. Miller - SG. I would think Ayo staying would affect AC's playing time more than Miller. What am I missing?
As I understand it, Miller is a combo guard who's played a lot of PG in the year since Ayo left (same school). He played in Ayo's shadow his So. year, and he doesn't want to do that again.

We start 3 guards now. One of those guards is graduating and that guard plays a lot of minutes. We played 8 people last night (I refuse to count the minutes Griffin played). I think there are plenty of minutes to be played.

I would imagine most "1 and done" or "2 and done" players are less interested in minutes and more interested in being the "go to guy" on the team in order to gain maximum visibility.

Just my thoughts but I'm sure Miller expects to start. Illinois is missing a true point guard. Curbelo would solve that issue. He will start. Trent will start his senior season. Ayo coming back next year with Miller on the team means someone is the 6th man. Who? In that scenario Miller

All four would get all the minutes they could handle, so who cares?

Yep...Miller views us as a nice Ford Mustang but when the man with the Mercedes or Ferrari shows up, we are done. Watch out for a family move to Memphis.

Right, that's why he removed Kansas and their Mercedes Benz from his list. Memphis, OMG, you are lost in space!

jmilt7

Waukegan
Loren Tate born 11/03/1931

Unless we are talking about this Loren Tate
Official_Picture_173.jpg

Anyone else have trouble understanding Hawkin’s ranking? He is big, moves well and can shoot. Sure like him way above his ranking.

I saw a quote from him where he said something to the effect that he's on such a good team that he's been the 3rd or 4th option for a long time and that people will see what he's really capable of this year.

I like his confidence and I hope he's right and we have another top-100/top-75 by the time this years rankings are finalized.

someone with photoshop skills needs to make a chief doing the "shhh" with one of his hands for the silent verbal. two SV chiefs = double silent verbal

This. Can't be the big dawg when there's a bigger dawg, lol.

Not necessarily true. There have been a lot of teams with multiple pros on them. Our 2005 Illini did a good job sharing the rock even with so much talent on the team. Same could be said with the 89 team and early 2000s when Lon was here. I think it's more of a personality thing than a truism.

illinimike

Wheaton, IL
This. Can't be the big dawg when there's a bigger dawg, lol.
Yeah, that can be true. It is also true that some of the blue bloods regularly suit up multiple first rounders on the court at the same time.
Example Kentucky:
Screenshot_20191119-212602.png

Status
Not open for further replies.