Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (November 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrod1286

Pat Chambers
Illinois
tenor (1).gif

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
0f559a4c269b1b6a9759dc4af7853f8f.gif

" recruiting IS fluid "

" To be or NOT to be, that IS the question "

div-1.gif

illini80

Forgottonia
I haven’t followed this thread closely enough to know. Is the implication that he signed and is waiting for the announcement to avoid being lost in the rest of the signings? Otherwise I’m not getting it. Seems pretty clear he’s going to commit to us whether he signs or not.

The Recruit

The Eternal Optimist
Denver, CO
Can someone remind me what the logic is in not actually signing if he was signing/did sign? I understand a verbal to us is better than a verbal to someone else, but if you were committing, why not actually sign, and then make it public that you actually signed so coaches can be using that as part of their pitch to future players for next year and beyond. While I hope he signs/signed regardless, obviously, I just don't understand what Adam Miller or Illinois basketball would gain from it by keeping it all secret for the season. Am I missing something here?

I haven’t followed this thread closely enough to know. Is the implication that he signed and is waiting for the announcement to avoid being lost in the rest of the signings? Otherwise I’m not getting it. Seems pretty clear he’s going to commit to us whether he signs or not.

The thought is that he signed today and will announce publicly tomorrow night. When he had previously stated that he will wait until the spring to sign.

Miller wants his moment and I will respect that, so I will just attach my thoughts from an October post. (y)

I guess we'll have to tune in tomorrow night to find out... :shield: 🐺

Screen Shot 2019-11-20 at 5.32.42 PM.png

The thought is that he signed today and will announce publicly tomorrow night. When he had previously stated that he will wait until the spring to sign.

Miller wants his moment and I will respect that, so I will just attach my thoughts from an October post. (y)

I guess we'll have to tune in tomorrow night to find out... :shield: 🐺

View attachment 5179

We have our Yoda!!!

:hail:

I guess the ink has dried.

I’m not sure this is the right thread, but the NCAA has given James Wiseman a 10 game suspension for receiving improper benefits as a high school player from a Memphis booster (his high school and future college coach). I guess the NCAA has had the last of it’s teeth pulled and given up all pretense of trying to clean up the mess that college basketball has become.

I’m not sure this is the right thread, but the NCAA has given James Wiseman a 10 game suspension for receiving improper benefits as a high school player from a Memphis booster (his high school and future college coach). I guess the NCAA has had the last of it’s teeth pulled and given up all pretense of trying to clean up the mess that college basketball has become.
Memphis is petitioning to have the games he didn't play in last year applied to this year

Any interest in Jalen Quinn by the staff? 6'2 kid from Tuscola? News report from WCIA on this kid. He is a freshman so....

Visiting Purdue this Saturday.
Does it feel like other B1G schools seem to get the younger guys in for unofficials on a more frequent basis than we do? Maybe I just don't pay attention, just seems like whenever I hear of a rising underclassman, it's always followed by the fact that he's visted places like Purdue already (or is planning to).

Might also be that I'm just lumping them all in the category of "unofficial to not Illinois", so it just seems like there's more...

Status
Not open for further replies.