Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (November 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,028      
Come here and prove your worth. We will never forget you!!

#1,032      
He’s still in the air. Not landed yet. Certainly I’m glad we’re penciled in, but I’d hope for a bit more excitement and full on commit.

From the sounds of it, the likely outcomes are both quite positive.

Either: 1) Ayo goes pro and Miller signs, or 2) Ayo stays for a 3rd year and Miller de-commits. Either way, the Illini remain talented.

#1,033      
The fact is, he said he wants to be one and done. He was honest and upfront about that. If he expressed that to BU and BU is on board...then all involved should be on the same page. If that has occurred and we take it at face value....we will either have a Junior Ayo OR a Freshman Miller. Can't go wrong either way. So, this is how the big kids play?

#1,034      

Deleted member 16340

D
Does anyone else have a memory of an Oregon (I think) who was about to make a televised announcement and Pitino (again, I think) calls whe the kid is on stage and the kid changes his mind. I really hope we're not looking at a new version of that. It would be another for the ages.

#1,035      
Does anyone else have a memory of an Oregon (I think) who was about to make a televised announcement and Pitino (again, I think) calls whe the kid is on stage and the kid changes his mind. I really hope we're not looking at a new version of that. It would be another for the ages.

Pretty sure that was Terrance Jones and Calipari.

#1,037      
"Adam Miller says he has not signed & that he is still “evaluating all options”. Added that he met with Juwan Howard & Michigan a few days ago. Says he’s going to Illinois. But wants to make sure the situation is right."

Sounds like a pretty soft commitment to me.

#1,038      

JJB

Chicago, IL
I know next to nothing about basketball. Not recruiting, I mean the game as a whole. I know if a kid shoots a bunch and makes it he’s good and if he doesn’t maybe he’s not. That’s about the extent of my knowledge on this sport so maybe I’m off base here but the whole “I’m going to commit but I won’t actually sign unless this other player leaves” seems very odd to me. You don’t see that in my world. Am I off base here?

In your world, the recruit can't go pro after freshman year. All about maximizing minutes and touches for exposure/draft status.

#1,039      

Illinifan533

Normal, Illinois
Wow, this staff continue to hit on a high percentage of its high priority targets. The only real "miss" for this year's class was Steward, I believe.

As for the concerns about not signing his NLI, how would that be possible since the team currently has all 13 scholarships filled right now? I believe when he's talking about evaluating all his options, he's going to see whether or not Ayo is going to the NBA. Too many Illini fans still seem traumatized by all the flippings and hat-fakes from the Weber and Groce eras, and I don't blame them. If Miller backs out, I doubt it will be because BU and co. because it hasn't been a problem with them so far.

#1,040      

blackdog

Champaign
At the beginning of his announcement Miller says "I've been waiting so long". Seems like Illinois is really where his heart is but his comments about looking at all options means he would leave his heart behind if it's a business decision. Overall I like my chances of him sticking. I think he wants to be here.

#1,041      

JJB

Chicago, IL
Or Ayo puts his name in the draft, goes undrafted, that scares Miller away, and we end up with neither?

Miller will be on campus for summer school wherever he goes before the draft occurs.

#1,043      
There is absolutely no benefit to the kid to sign in the fall. Coaches leave, players transfer, players who are supposed to go pro wind up not going pro... etc.

Adam, as well as the people close to him, want to make sure that everything that they were told would happen, does happen.

If it doesn't, then he wants the ability to explore all his options.
Other than him wanting Ayo gone, what else needs to happen?

#1,046      

drsmitty74

Rochester
Screenshot_20191121-222939_Chrome.jpg

Been awhile since $elf was looking up our rear ends in this ranking. Feels kinds nice.

#1,049      
Just a tweet I found. Weird with the slime and mask, but I like weird 🤷🏼‍♂️

Attachments

• 321C5156-B2A1-4C21-98D7-6C0E9FE9EDAE.jpeg
    321C5156-B2A1-4C21-98D7-6C0E9FE9EDAE.jpeg
    485.5 KB · Views: 237
  • 9B06DE06-4798-4DDD-8009-7736576B7032.jpeg
    9B06DE06-4798-4DDD-8009-7736576B7032.jpeg
    487.6 KB · Views: 239
  • 044EE3C0-A860-4580-9E13-BC94772DD157.jpeg
    044EE3C0-A860-4580-9E13-BC94772DD157.jpeg
    803.5 KB · Views: 263