Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (November 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,278      
Well we can get a THT 2.0 then...this kid will be better imo, he is seriously going to ball out this year...reclass?
THT developed into a hell of a one on one player with hops after he shed some of that babyfat. I didn't see Weston dribble much the other night, He did finish through contact. I didn't see THT's perimeter game or making plays off of the dribble. The name that people keep saying in comparison to Weston is Wayne Blackshear. I didn't see off the charts athleticism either, but I saw a hard working, strong player with a nose for the ball. It was only one game. We will see.

#1,281      
THT developed into a hell of a one on one player with hops after he shed some of that babyfat. I didn't see Weston dribble much the other night, He did finish through contact. I didn't see THT's perimeter game or making plays off of the dribble. The name that people keep saying in comparison to Weston is Wayne Blackshear. I didn't see off the charts athleticism either, but I saw a hard working, strong player with a nose for the ball. It was only one game. We will see.

Wayne Blackshear made a bad choice in Louisville, should be in the NBA. Many of his HS peers who Blackshear was better or just as good made it to the league.
Good example of a player that needed to be the "man" to fully develop. He was a role player at Louisville and only showed flashes. Depaul or possibly Illinois would of been a better choice.

#1,283      

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
No love for Converse Weapons? Seems like we have a gap in the coveted Gen X demographic on this board.
Converse weapons ? my converse above was what I wore in HS...they were THE gold standard back in the mid 60's....

#1,284      
Converse weapons ? my converse above was what I wore in HS...they were THE gold standard back in the mid 60's....
Peep the 'stache on Legend:

converse-weapon-boys-life-may-1986-20140506-2.png

#1,285      
Wayne Blackshear made a bad choice in Louisville, should be in the NBA. Many of his HS peers who Blackshear was better or just as good made it to the league.
Good example of a player that needed to be the "man" to fully develop. He was a role player at Louisville and only showed flashes. Depaul or possibly Illinois would of been a better choice.
He also made a bad choice going to Morgan park. Should have stayed at Curie where the whole offense was built around him.

#1,287      
Two years of low cut black converse shoes that weighed about 12 lbs. in 61-63, Then we changed coaches for the next two seasons and we wore white high top US Keds....which made those Converse shoes seem like a feather. But no sprained ankles.

#1,288      
After watching WY vs. MP, will take Miller over Steward. Miller has a more contolled game suited for college game and better frame. Steward doesn't seem like a good fit at Duke. BU will make a better player out of Miller, don't see one and done.

#1,289      

foby

Bonnaroo Land
Give it up. We'll never get Converse to commit, we're a Nike school.

#1,290      
If you belong in the league, you find a way to get there.

#1,291      
Same years. White high tops. One pair for practice, one pair for games. The following year, the game shoes became practice shoes, and a new pair for games.
Yep, same for me. Former Evansville College (now U of Evansville) All American and pro Gus Doerner would come over to our little southern Illinois town of Allendale (now consolidated into Mt. Carmel) to measure us for shoes that he would then sell us from his sporting goods store.

#1,292      
Yep, same for me. Former Evansville College (now U of Evansville) All American and pro Gus Doerner would come over to our little southern Illinois town of Allendale (now consolidated into Mt. Carmel) to measure us for shoes that he would then sell us from his sporting goods store.
Allendale! I worked the tornado cleanup circa 1990.

#1,296      
MP vs WY Part Deux

DJ Steward reminds me in style and measurables to Marcus Lovette. Still think Steward is very raw and Duke isn't the place for player developement. Just look at the players in the RSCI 25-75 that went there.

Brandon Weston has a high motor, at this point wouldn't call him a shooter, slasher, PG, Combo, or guard. Just a player.

Miller has a more defined game and position of all 3. Fits the bill of a college combo guard. Still needs further developement in all facets especially decision making. Not an uber leaper, good frame. Fletch will add inches to his vertical. In BU offense will hit the 3's and get his transition points.

#1,297      
Allendale! I worked the tornado cleanup circa 1990.
1989 on my parents 50th wedding anniversary, we had just moved to Seattle, couldn’t get anyone on the phone and then saw what happened on CNN. 2/3 of the town destroyed but my brother, parents and grandparents homes were untouched except for one piece of siding that was loose.

#1,298      
MP vs WY Part Deux

DJ Steward reminds me in style and measurables to Marcus Lovette. Still think Steward is very raw and Duke isn't the place for player developement. Just look at the players in the RSCI 25-75 that went there.

Brandon Weston has a high motor, at this point wouldn't call him a shooter, slasher, PG, Combo, or guard. Just a player.

Miller has a more defined game and position of all 3. Fits the bill of a college combo guard. Still needs further developement in all facets especially decision making. Not an uber leaper, good frame. Fletch will add inches to his vertical. In BU offense will hit the 3's and get his transition points.
Lovette was a super flashy lefty. He would pull up from 30, loved the behind the back pass and had great handles. He was also under 6 feet tall. Steward is a good mid range shooter but doesn't have the handles that Lovette had. Steward is taller but being listed at 6 4, but that is a joke. They both have slight builds. In general Whitney Young has a lot of structure in their program, Morgan Park is more helter schelter (full court, run & jump on defense). Those differences show with these two players.

#1,299      
So does the recruiting talk move to class of 21? Which shoes we liked? Who we can pick up on short notice if someone doesn't return?

Status
Not open for further replies.