Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (November-December 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grabbing January and Shannon for the fall would be nice.

Land Mitchell or Cockburn in the spring.

Possibly add 1 more if Higgs doesn't work out, or roll it over for '20.

Call it a class.

blackdog

Champaign

Big, long, physical kid. Does the dirty work. No evidence here of any real offensive game at this point.

Reminds me of Eboigbodin, who I wish we still had.

Yea watching looks like a guy that is going to be all defense and limited offensively.

Kinda separate but seems a little hard to judge on that tape because all the kids on both teams just look exhausted. Running on fumes. That's AAU ball for you. Just so many games.

sacraig

The desert
Actually I think most realistic people are glad you aren't. If you think we can and should slow-ball a top-150 center with decent tape - you're out of your mind. We aren't a program in a place that can do something like that and not regret it later.

I suppose it depends on your definition of a plan B. I don't consider January a plan B. I consider a 300+ big like last season to be a plan B.

I suppose it depends on your definition of a plan B. I don't consider January a plan B. I consider a 300+ big like last season to be a plan B.

So what you are saying is you are A person whom can C the plan?

I don't know guys. The video of January reminds me of Stan Simpson. And we know how that turned out............

Deleted member 236589

D
I don't know guys. The video of January reminds me of Stan Simpson. And we know how that turned out............
I'm no high major talent evaluator, but to me, that looked like a big guy swatting shots against kids who were a foot and a half shorter that him. Also looked a little clumsy around the rim.

Now, that's just based on those quick clips.

He could very well be a high flying rim wrecker, who just needs to be coached up.

Deleted member 649710

D
I live in So Cal, next town over from January’s. Havent heard much about him, but maybe he’s a bit of a late bloomer. I always get a little concerned when I see a kid at his third school in three years. Given how late he’s come onto the radar, no interest from West Coast majors, and no visit to Champaign, I’m going to temper my enthusiasm here. I hope the kid and Chin prove me wrong.

It’s probably safe to call January a plan B guy considering he wasn’t offered until the last week of October. And he’s friends with Tev Jones so you know the staff was aware of him. To offer this late signifies to me that the staff wasn’t high on him but lost out to other guys, thus on to plan B. JMO

It’s probably safe to call January a plan B guy considering he wasn’t offered until the last week of October. And he’s friends with Tev Jones so you know the staff was aware of him. To offer this late signifies to me that the staff wasn’t high on him but lost out to other guys, thus on to plan B. JMO

And, I do not think we get any of the 4/5*s that are waiting till Spring to declare.

This is as good as it gets.

sacraig

The desert
So what you are saying is you are A person whom can C the plan?

3eue6GG.gif

Timme isn’t coming, best case scenario is January, Shannon, and a player to be named later.

January tomorrow. We’ll see there after.

Tacomallini

Washington State
January has a decent offer list including UNLV, Arizona, Texas A&M, LSU, DePaul, Kansas State, and several others. I think we take him in a heartbeat if he's interested and not worry about the "lack of West Coast elite" scholly offers.

sacraig

The desert

I suppose by that definition, then yes, he's Underwood's plan B, but if our plan B guys are top 150 with several other high major offers, then we are headed in the right direction indeed.

I suppose by that definition, then yes, he's Underwood's plan B, but if our plan B guys are top 150 with several other high major offers, then we are headed in the right direction indeed.

Brad Underwood playing 4D chess while everyone else is playing checkers.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
6' 11", 240#. Not a stiff. Definitely a Plan B, but a helluva get at this late stage. I'd much rather have a 5 whose offense is lagging his D, than reverse.

Antwan was once a highly regarded 6-7" Soph I believe, grew into where he is now, and is far from Simpson. IMO, he will end up being more of Tilmon than Simpson when done and moved on.

Predicted 100% with Chin leading the charge....guess is he commits to ILLINI. We then will go after Kofi with no luck, Timme with slight chance from loyalty standpoint (A&M) however, and look to spring for any others not named Shannon.

Status
Not open for further replies.