Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (November-December 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get real. We should only use OV's on players we KNOW are going to commit. /s

Is their ever a recruit that you KNOW exactly where they’re going to commit unless it’s been previously stated? Basically you’re okay with Illinois being mediocre for the entirely, because if we go about recruiting your way, that’s all that will happen. Let’s just be fans and cheer for who’s on the court. Let the kids decide when and where they want to go. If they use it for a free vacation, so be it. If I were 6’10” and a dominant force in the paint, I sure would.

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
Is their ever a recruit that you KNOW exactly where they’re going to commit unless it’s been previously stated? Basically you’re okay with Illinois being mediocre for the entirely, because if we go about recruiting your way, that’s all that will happen. Let’s just be fans and cheer for who’s on the court. Let the kids decide when and where they want to go. If they use it for a free vacation, so be it. If I were 6’10” and a dominant force in the paint, I sure would.
Just FYI, the "/s" at the end of the post means that it's sarcastic.

Can't believe we have to signal our sarcasm these days. I guess Idiocracy was on to something...

Black last year and Giorgi this year. Offensive scheme is showing it can put the bigs in good situations to score, and these two have taken advantage of that. Have the guards to feed the post now as well. Not selling dreams, two real examples. Kofi and January would be great to add.

I would love for us to go the Gonzaga route and start getting some gems from overseas: Their assistant has been doing this for years with alot of success, why can't we capitalize on our diverse campus population and entice some to us so we can turn the ship around...Look at Giorgi, granted he was in the states, but really, no one knew much about him...that said here is my wish list for next year.

- Antwan January, hopefully he still can get signed up.
- Kayne Henry, if this kid was wearing a blue blood, we would all wonder why not us?

And any other top shelf euro kids that are undiscovered so to speak...

Though, in fairness, the exact sentiment to which he was replying has been expressed on these boards countless times unironically.

Exactly. I was just sarcastically repeating what others have said (somehow) seriously.

Any inkling on when January is going to sign? Or did I miss that somewhere?

Word on the street is that he hasn't been cleared by the NCAA. I imagine that has to do with going to multiple high schools and not being clear if he has all the right classes.

sacraig

The desert
“May”?

giphy.gif

I would love for us to go the Gonzaga route and start getting some gems from overseas: Their assistant has been doing this for years with alot of success, why can't we capitalize on our diverse campus population and entice some to us so we can turn the ship around...Look at Giorgi, granted he was in the states, but really, no one knew much about him...that said here is my wish list for next year.

- Kayne Henry, if this kid was wearing a blue blood, we would all wonder why not us? His pullup jumper at the .38 mark looks alot like Kendall Gill form.

Dren1

Glenview, IL
Today at 8:57 AM

- Kayne Henry, if this kid was wearing a blue blood, we would all wonder why not us?

Today at 12:05 PM

- Kayne Henry, if this kid was wearing a blue blood, we would all wonder why not us? His pullup jumper at the .38 mark looks alot like Kendall Gill form.

;)

Today at 8:57 AM
Today at 12:05 PM

;)

Well if the post would post when it was posted, it would not post multiple postings, so unless posted otherwise, I thought it had posted once, if I had known of multiple postings, I certainly would have posted the post once, but will keep you posted if the posts keep multiplying again. o_O;)

I see that Coach "O" is the recruiter on this one !! Has Coach "O" been in Kofi's ear for many years since they are from the same stomping ground ?? Do we have an inside on this one that will surprise everyone ?
These kind of things don’t happen around here

Status
Not open for further replies.