Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (November-December 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back on 11/20 he scored 34 points for Hillcrest against Las Vegas Prep:
https://www.prepcircuit.com/roster_players/27908846

That game is not listed under home page...my guess is that there may be transfer rules/eligibility in play...? There were reported eligibility issues at both Chino Hills and Taft prior to Hillcrest transfer, this may be a long play out as far as actually getting a LOI signed.

Interestingly, found this from 2017....Samba Kane listed at #41 and January and other notables below him, this was rated as 2019 Top 60. Aiden Igiehon (L-Ville) I believe, will end up being one of the best out of all these listed.

Last edited:
Well that would seem to be a decent pickup for the football team, but what about basketball? Was he a basketball recruit out of high school as well?
Google "Shawn Robinson basketball" and you get football news or basketball players with similar first names. He is 6'1" @ 225, so unlikely to fill a position of need for BU.

The Milky Way
Well that would seem to be a decent pickup for the football team, but what about basketball? Was he a basketball recruit out of high school as well?
TCU hoops guy, he was top 100 last year from Texas. Thanks for Football info

Barlow has not played at all this year and would have to sit out two semesters here before playing as a second semester soph. Archie has played a total of ten minutes in eight games and shot 20% from the field. 6'6" - the next Kipper?

Heard someone is wanting to be a mid season transfer to Illinois (Landers Nolley was never cleared for academic reasons at VT). Any one else hear that?
Nolley was the first person I thought about. Nolley got too high of a score on his ACT (Didn't know that was possible). He is awaiting the results of the retest. His recruitment was nuts.

Kaden Archie is it. Nolley not eligible to play.
His start to this year has been about as bad as it could be.

Not that it means a whole lot, seeing as he wouldn't be eligible to play until Jan. of 2020 if he transfers before the start of this years second semester. I would take him, but I wouldn't expect much until the 2020-2021 season (not that any mid season transfer would provide much a boost before then anyways.)

His start to this year has been about as bad as it could be.

Not that it means a whole lot, seeing as he wouldn't be eligible to play until Jan. of 2020 if he transfers before the start of this years second semester. I would take him, but I wouldn't expect much until the 2020-2021 season (not that any mid season transfer would provide much a boost before then anyways.)
They way they are handing out waivers these days, he could be eligible for fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.