Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (November-December 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meyer has been a lot more credible than Piper, including recruits that Illinois has been after. His network allows him to cross-validate information from a lot more sources. Piper covers Illinois, depends on the Illini fans and their subscriptions, and also gets his information primarily from the staff. Some of his picks help rally fan support for visits (e.g., Liddell, Oscar T, Shannon) which is something that the staff needs but can't do directly themselves. In exchange, they feed him some information. It is a two way street, understandable given the nature of his job.

there are a lot of falsehoods in that statement.

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
Clearly the problem with our recruiting is that we are too good.

giphy (1).gif

giphy.gif

giphy (2).gif

WE ARE TOO GOOD ...WOW

Found his stats from last year:

ジョン・グローチがかなり良い数学の先生だったと聞いた

I'm sure this is actually just gibberish, but I would love if these were actually his stats written in Japanese.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
If he is trolling UNC, it is epic.

He just added UNC to the list to show that UI can beat out UNC for a recruit right?

right?

Don't know about this but man, that graphic just shows how ugly our uniforms are right now. Maybe only Texas Tech's are worse, but that's debatable. We so badly need to switch to the simple old school "Fighting Illini" ones of old as our main unis and never look back.

Don't know about this but man, that graphic just shows how ugly our uniforms are right now. Maybe only Texas Tech's are worse, but that's debatable. We so badly need to switch to the simple old school "Fighting Illini" ones of old as our main unis and never look back.
I think that opinion varies considerably based on the age of fans. I don't think our recruits have the same taste as 40+ year olds.

I am contemplating committing to Underwood and UI basketball in the next day or so....mostly to try and get the ball rolling! I am over 6'2 and still have 4 years of eligibility, who knows....if I commit, maybe it gets Timme to follow and then Whitney starts re-evaluating his situation and flip flops also!!

Status
Not open for further replies.