Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (November-December 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kids these days like to really abuse the meaning of words. It is literally the most annoying thing in the world to me.

51DNWE2Nb%2BL._SY355_.jpg

So where does a class of Cockburn #31, Timme #41 and Shannon #81 put us??

Don't tease....in the past, you seemed to have some info, or am I misremembering?
To be clear, TC has never really had any kind of insider info. He likes to throw out tons of hypotheticals, jokes and might belong to some of the premium boards but he doesn't know anything of real substance like stumke on the other hand.

Back at the top of the Big Ten?
It would have been ranked the 19th class in the country for 2018. That being said, that class would fill every hole that we currently know about our roster perfectly. It definitely would be an A+ class.

I am contemplating committing to Underwood and UI basketball in the next day or so....mostly to try and get the ball rolling! I am over 6'2 and still have 4 years of eligibility, who knows....if I commit, maybe it gets Timme to follow and then Whitney starts re-evaluating his situation and flip flops also!!

Howi is you getting r ball-rolling ability similar to and different from? Jalen Coleman Lands and Mark Smith? :)

To be clear, TC has never really had any kind of insider info. He likes to throw out tons of hypotheticals, jokes and might belong to some of the premium boards but he doesn't know anything of real substance like stumke on the other hand.

No preemie, too cheap!! Just an avid reader. It's all out there for free sooner or later. Where has Stumke been lately?? BTW, what would your take be if TSJ committed??

ChiefGritty

Chicago, IL
Between recruiting, basketball games, the closing of the football season and this hockey thing lurking in the background, it just kind feels like a bunch of stuff is gonna happen over the next month or so. Like there are tectonic plates getting ready to shift, I dunno if it's in a good or bad way.

I was always under the impression that stuemke5 was only connected on the Liddell recruitment. But I could very well be wrong. And if I am wrong, then I too would love some more insight from him.

Illwinsagain

Cary, IL
Between recruiting, basketball games, the closing of the football season and this hockey thing lurking in the background, it just kind feels like a bunch of stuff is gonna happen over the next month or so. Like there are tectonic plates getting ready to shift, I dunno if it's in a good or bad way.
I am not aware of a lot of good coming from shifts in the tectonic plates, unless you own a bunch of land on the east side of the San Andreas fault.

Deleted member 631370

D
It would have been ranked the 19th class in the country for 2018. That being said, that class would fill every hole that we currently know about our roster perfectly. It definitely would be an A+ class.

Exactly. Frankly, that's a pretty pedestrian class by the standards of the big programs. But considering our glaring frontcourt need -- and our young talent at PG -- that would be a perfect class for us.

That said, we've been down this road too many times already. These dream lineups never materialize, and there's virtually no chance that we get this lineup. Get one of Cockburn or Timme to go along with Shannon, and the class is a big step forward. I'm doubtful we'll even get one of those two guys (though I think Shannon is more realistic). But we'll see.

sacraig

The desert
I was always under the impression that stuemke5 was only connected on the Liddell recruitment. But I could very well be wrong. And if I am wrong, then I too would love some more insight from him.

No, he pretty clearly seems to have some level of connection that has proven to be fairly accurate on a number of recruitments. Of course the usual caveats apply that his source may know information that eventually becomes out of date, so it's not a 100% success rate, but it's enough that it is pretty clear his connection is real.

Status
Not open for further replies.