Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (November-December 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. Frankly, that's a pretty pedestrian class by the standards of the big programs. But considering our glaring frontcourt need -- and our young talent at PG -- that would be a perfect class for us.

That said, we've been down this road too many times already. These dream lineups never materialize, and there's virtually no chance that we get this lineup. Get one of Cockburn or Timme to go along with Shannon, and the class is a big step forward. I'm doubtful we'll even get one of those two guys (though I think Shannon is more realistic). But we'll see.
Getting 2 top 50 and a top 100 prospect is pedestrian for big programs? Maybe if you're talking about blue bloods, but outside the top 10 programs, thats a fantastic class.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Getting 2 top 50 and a top 100 prospect is pedestrian for big programs? Maybe if you're talking about blue bloods, but outside the top 10 programs, thats a fantastic class.

tenor.gif

Deleted member 631370

D

Yes.

In addition to the blue bloods, consider Louisville, Michigan State, Syracuse, Arizona, Florida, etc. Those are the "big programs" I'm talking about. Getting kids ranked #30, #40, and #80 is pretty run-of-the-mill.

Speaking of MSU, they picked up Naperville/Sunrise Academy's Malik Hall today.

I dont think I could complain about BU's recruiting for at least a few days if those three commuted!

There commuting to a local school. Cockburn to Conn, Timme to Tam, and Shannon to DePaul. Don't think we land any of the 3, but Cockburn is who we need the most.

Timme’s shift to the Zags makes sense right now. I’m hearing TAMU fell to the back of the top 3. Words been TAMU has always been mom’s top 3, so he’s given them the home state love.
The natural progression is for everyone to go all in on Gonzaga.

There commuting to a local school. Cockburn to Conn, Timme to Tam, and Shannon to DePaul. Don't think we land any of the 3, but Cockburn is who we need the most.

Would have been ecstatic with Oscar. Seemed like an Augustine type player who would be perfect to start the fast break. We have the players to get out in transition and finish, we just need the enabler rebounder.

Tacomallini

Washington State
Timme’s shift to the Zags makes sense right now. I’m hearing TAMU fell to the back of the top 3. Words been TAMU has always been mom’s top 3, so he’s given them the home state love.
The natural progression is for everyone to go all in on Gonzaga.
Timme commits to Gonzaga on 11/14
Illinois beats Gonzaga on 11/19
Timme decommits from Gonzaga on 11/21 and comes to the beloved.

Status
Not open for further replies.