Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (November-December 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
January reminds me of this guy!!

Screen Shot 2018-11-13 at 7.50.19 AM.png

I’ll take him. And I wouldn’t rule anyone out yet. If Timme an Kofi aren’t willing to commit now to anyone then we still have a shot. If Timme was such a Gonzaga lean then why not commit now. I think a few of these kids are going to see how Illinois season shakes out.

I'm pretty sure Timme is committing tomorrow so....

Yea watching looks like a guy that is going to be all defense and limited offensively.

Kinda separate but seems a little hard to judge on that tape because all the kids on both teams just look exhausted. Running on fumes. That's AAU ball for you. Just so many games.

He's big and has the frame to add to some more muscle. With that size, it only takes one good post move to be acceptable offensively. Really hard to stop someone like that who has a good drop step. Simple move, but effective.

Trade this guy for Higgs if necessary. Somehow don't think Higgs will make it and this guy could make a contribution in the first year as a backup to Georgi and Samba. If Cockburn comes it would only be for 1-2 yrs anyway. (Although they might be a great 1-2 yrs.) Much better than another wing.

Kofi is a man-child but I'm skeptical of his pro prospects, especially after just a year or two. Kinda reminds me of Udoka Azubuike at Kansas but with a shorter wingspan. Has anybody here seen him in person? How is his shooting, passing, and defensive ability? He looks like the kind of prospect that is just physically superior to everybody he plays against at this level.

ChiefGritty

Chicago, IL
Kofi is a man-child but I'm skeptical of his pro prospects, especially after just a year or two. Kinda reminds me of Udoka Azubuike at Kansas but with a shorter wingspan. Has anybody here seen him in person? How is his shooting, passing, and defensive ability? He looks like the kind of prospect that is just physically superior to everybody he plays against at this level.

Yeah, he's not the NBA's cup of tea these days. That's not a frame and a skill set that teams are going to get excited about based on projection.

He could be a bigger Kenneth Faried, but Kenneth Faried was a four-year college guy who proved his productivity and he's now on his way out of the league at age 28.

He'd be a beast in college playing BU's system though.

ChiefGritty

Chicago, IL
Top 10 Whitney-type recruits have no reason to sign an LOI at all.

If John Calipari takes over the Lakers in mid-May, Whitney will still have great options all over the place and will have no NCAA sit out/transfer trouble to worry about.

UncleBob

San Clemente, CA

If John Calipari takes over the Lakers in mid-May, Whitney will still have great options all over the place and will have no NCAA sit out/transfer trouble to worry about.

Maybe he watched the Duke-Kentucky game the other night??

Yeah, he's not the NBA's cup of tea these days. That's not a frame and a skill set that teams are going to get excited about based on projection.

He could be a bigger Kenneth Faried, but Kenneth Faried was a four-year college guy who proved his productivity and he's now on his way out of the league at age 28.

He'd be a beast in college playing BU's system though.

Greg Odenish?

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ

If the Cal left he'd be able to get out of his LOI anyway, so don't think that's a factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.