Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (November-December 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering where all the doomsdayers are right about now? Don't get me wrong, this isn't us saying WE HAVE ARRIVED!! But this is the type of player we need to consistently get to have long term success. You can call him a plan B but if you are consistently signing these ~100 ranked guys with a couple of tops 50s sprinkled in you will be successful.

January is an amazing get this late into fall...Way to go Chin! Gets class started with a HUGE need... Would love to get a wing like Shannon now...not him persay...and another wing/mobile big in this class.

Guards will be with us for awhile...any other Tevian/Cali connections now?

chiefini

Rockford, Illinois
Welcome to the Illini basketball family, Antwan! Can’t wait to see you play in the O&B! :illinois:-L-L

:chief::hailtotheorange::chief:

Dbell1981

Decatur, IL

Might have to make it a Hillcrest Prep game now sporting some ILLINI gear!

Looks like he can grab boards and start transition great. Finishing around the rim needs some polishing but looks like he fits the mold. I will say that effort level by everyone in that video doesn't prove much.

Last edited:

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Nice. Very nice considering how late we swooped in. Addresses our biggest need.

Looks like he can grab boards and start transition great. Finishing around the rim needs some polishing but looks like he fits the mold. I will say that effort level by everyone in that video doesn't prove much.
Surprisingly good ball skills and movement for a player his size. Upside is real with this one.

Took a much-needed break from following recruiting. A big with good size and some solid offers definitely fills a critical need. Looked a bit stiff in the quick video I saw posted. Anyone have a rundown/overview of his play to get us excited?

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
Great job by the staff....welcome aboard young man

Recruiting has been so weird under BU. The guy only went on 2 OV's according to 247 (New Mexico and WSU). We offer him 2 weeks ago and he commits without an OV.

But all that matters is getting guys that can help this program grow. Hopefully he can do that.

It’s great to have a big strong agile player . I’m sure he needs work, but the Illini now have a shot blocker.

Deleted member 746094

D
Anyone know what time Timme is making announcement?

Status
Not open for further replies.