Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (November-December 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IllFanInMi

I
Almost had Ike Diogu that year. Was in his Final 2-3. Thompson & Dockery were higher rated guys that Self recruited heavily. Funny that it worked out so well for us. Some of God's greatest gift are unanswered prayers.

I see your Garth Brooks there👍🏻

Does anyone remember the tv show featuring dockery and eddy curry? Will Bynum also?
Idk- I remember a show that followed Eddy Curry, Jason Straight and Kyle Kleckner.

Edit: I do remember Dockery on there now too....

ILL in IA

Iowa City
For those that remember CLTV and Bob Sakamoto as the go-to guy for High School highlights back int he day, my high school football team made a playoff run and were in the studio for a segment on the sports show they did each night. The segment after we were on had Dockery and Dee in the studio as well that night. Dee signed his LOI on air, and Dockery announced he was going to Duke. We all talked with both of them before the show had started. My impression from that night/interaction was Dockery just wanted out of the area.

ILL in IA

Iowa City
We have 3 open offers to fill for next year correct? AJ, De La, and an open ride? With January getting one of those, and assuming everyone returns next season (crazy I know), I would like to bring on one more recruit (Juco or HS) and save that last spot for another Grad transfer big. A reliable big that could play the 5 and allow Giorgi to play valuable time at the 4 could be huge. BU could really start to play big or small pending the opposing teams if we have that flexibility. And I say save it for a grad. transfer because I just can't count on Kane, Higgs or January at the 5 yet.

We have 3 open offers to fill for next year correct? AJ, De La, and an open ride? With January getting one of those, and assuming everyone returns next season (crazy I know), I would like to bring on one more recruit (Juco or HS) and save that last spot for another Grad transfer big. A reliable big that could play the 5 and allow Giorgi to play valuable time at the 4 could be huge. BU could really start to play big or small pending the opposing teams if we have that flexibility. And I say save it for a grad. transfer because I just can't count on Kane, Higgs or January at the 5 yet.
I don't believe Georgie is a four. You put him against a four, and he won't be doing the things he is doing. He is able to outquick centers, but don't think that would be the case with PF, and his perimeter shooting doesn't appear consistent enough at this time, either.

Tevo

Wilmette, IL
Yes. Luther Head was also on it. He dominated in an All-Star game between kids from Chicago and New York.
Was that the game where Luther threw himself an alley-oop off the glass the threw it down one-handed?

Tevo

Wilmette, IL
I don't believe Georgie is a four. You put him against a four, and he won't be doing the things he is doing. He is able to outquick centers, but don't think that would be the case with PF, and his perimeter shooting doesn't appear consistent enough at this time, either.

Have you never heard of "positionless basketball"?! :) Actually, though, defining Giorgi as a 4 or 5 only matters on defense -- will he guard their biggest guy or second biggest, and that depends mostly on his ability to move well enough to keep up with the smaller player. He'll continue to play the pinch post, get screen-and-roll opportunities, play with his back to the basket and occasionally shoot a three.

ILL in IA

Iowa City
Have we shown any interest with January's teammate at Hilcrest prep Dalen Terry?

Have you never heard of "positionless basketball"?! :) Actually, though, defining Giorgi as a 4 or 5 only matters on defense -- will he guard their biggest guy or second biggest, and that depends mostly on his ability to move well enough to keep up with the smaller player. He'll continue to play the pinch post, get screen-and-roll opportunities, play with his back to the basket and occasionally shoot a three.

I think with Giorgi is about competing when the lights are on. I can see him playing the 4 with a good center.

Deleted member 746094

D
It has stayed quiet on the TSJ front since his final list + UNC. Any more buzz out there or is he waiting until Spring to announce?

Ryllini

Lombard
It has stayed quiet on the TSJ front since his final list + UNC. Any more buzz out there or is he waiting until Spring to announce?

I have a DePaul friend, who claims he is in the know, thinks he is waiting on that committable offer from UNC. He said he think Illinois is slow playing him again as there are other targets we have in mind and should TSJ have to pick today with the offers he has, it would be DePaul.

Take it for what that info is, I sure am.

TSJ, imo will not get the UNC offer till spring at best if at all...he will probably end up at Depaul by default, nothing else.

Giorgi Piorgi
Someone say pierogis? Let's eat.
pierogies.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.