Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (November-December 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love for us to go the Gonzaga route and start getting some gems from overseas: Their assistant has been doing this for years with alot of success, why can't we capitalize on our diverse campus population and entice some to us so we can turn the ship around...Look at Giorgi, granted he was in the states, but really, no one knew much about him...that said here is my wish list for next year.

- Antwan January, hopefully he still can get signed up.
- Kayne Henry, if this kid was wearing a blue blood, we would all wonder why not us?

And any other top shelf euro kids that are undiscovered so to speak...
I know its a highlight reel, but I really like what Kayne Henry can do. Does anyone know if we are recruiting him or not?

sacraig

The desert
These kind of things don’t happen around here

MBB1819_Gonzaga_KG_1stHalf_IMG_8740_EDITED.jpg

It may seem to be a strange time for a visit but it is probably a time that the team is most like a family and the recruit gets to experience that. No one on campus means that the players will most likely not fracture into the night but rather hang together.

Deleted member 8632

D
It may seem to be a strange time for a visit but it is probably a time that the team is most like a family and the recruit gets to experience that. No one on campus means that the players will most likely not fracture into the night but rather hang together.
That'll do donkey..... That'll do.

ILL in IA

Iowa City
I love the way Kayne Henry-McCalla attacks the basket even with defenders in his way. It would really be nice to have someone that just goes at the rim and can finish above players. Bertrand the last player we had capeable of doing that?

I love the way Kayne Henry-McCalla attacks the basket even with defenders in his way. It would really be nice to have someone that just goes at the rim and can finish above players. Bertrand the last player we had capeable of doing that?

Thats exactly what I saw as well...he WANTS to get to the hoop...another reason we should look at him and others as well as possibly commit to this for exposure!

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...est-college-hoops-tourney-other-side-atlantic

Notice old school is playing in this...no big names, why not try to take advantage of this and the kids get exposure to the UK as well? Get Henry and commit for next year...lol, outside the recruiting box to be relevant again! This tourney with us in it would do both parties good!

mattcoldagelli

The Transfer Portal

Have we been linked to this guy at all, or is this just Loyalty wishcasting?

Bp3 could
BP3 could

sacraig

The desert
Yeah not even close to the same situation unfortunately

The original question was:
"Has Coach "O" been in Kofi's ear for many years since they are from the same stomping ground ?? Do we have an inside on this one that will surprise everyone ?"

If we replace the names:
"Has Chin been in Ayo's ear for many years since they are from the same stomping ground ?? Do we have an inside on this one that will surprise everyone ?"

Seems applicable to me. Now, Antigua didn't coach Cockburn in AAU and yada yada yada, but that wasn't the question.

"Has Coach "O" been in Kofi's ear for many years since they are from the same stomping ground ?? Do we have an inside on this one that will surprise everyone ?"

If we replace the names:
"Has Chin been in Ayo's ear for many years since they are from the same stomping ground ?? Do we have an inside on this one that will surprise everyone ?"

Seems applicable to me. Now, Antigua didn't coach Cockburn in AAU and yada yada yada, but that wasn't the question.
I guess time will tell. Hope you’re right, but comparing the relationship of chin/ayo vs OA/kofi is not even close

If we replace the names:

Chin did not actually coach Ayo in AAU either, Chin left MIF in 2011 but retained a close relationship with the MIF coaching staff and knew Ayo's family and his dad from way back. Chin also gave Ayo his first scholarship offer at UIC.

sacraig

The desert
I guess time will tell. Hope you’re right, but comparing the relationship of chin/ayo vs OA/kofi is not even close

Again, I am not saying the relationships are the same. I merely pointed out that the idea is not foreign to our program.

Status
Not open for further replies.