Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (November-December 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,301      

Deleted member 633632

D
These are great!! 😄

"Who in the heck is this weird white guy that just forced his way in-between my Mother and I that keeps talking about fundraising?!"

#1,302      

Deleted member 746094

D
KofI plays at one of the most successful high school programs in the country. Winning a national championship is on his radar in college. After yesterday’s performance we made his decision very easy in regards to UofI basketball. Hell, his current high school team may beat this current UofI team by 15.

#1,303      

ChiefGritty

Chicago, IL
DvrXf8NUYAAg9lH.png

#1,308      

sacraig

The desert
It's almost like CU isn't very lively at 2 am when all the students are gone or something.

#1,309      

Deleted member 16068

D
There is no reason to believe a top 30 guy us going to commit to this dumpster fire, especially when there are better options. We are all optimistic about our team but let's use logic....

1. Bad team with nothing looking promising
2. Embattled coach
3. Better options for recruit
4. No ties to the team/university for recruit
5. I can keep going....

Logic says no chance Kofi comes to Champaign to play ball, unless playing fir another team.

#1,311      
It's almost like CU isn't very lively at 2 am when all the students are gone or something.

Maybe, but why bring him there at this time then? Underwood and his staff knew this was during break right? Where was the team at and his buddy Griffin? Where were his posts before this one where he was saying what a great visit he was having?

Closing in on this recruit was poorly planned from day 1. All this effort and you bring him on this day.

#1,312      
Whether or not we think it's the teams responsibility to keep him entertained at the late hours, the fact that he is complaining about boredom speaks volumes about his impression of the visit.

#1,313      

Deleted member 631370

D
Whether or not we think it's the teams responsibility to keep him entertained at the late hours, the fact that he is complaining about boredom speaks volumes about his impression of the visit.

Yep.

Can anybody think of an example in which a recruit publicly expresses boredom or disinterest during an official visit, and then commits there?

I imagine most recruits, at some point in time, have moments of boredom during their visits. But how many of them take to social media to express it?

He's definitely not coming here.

#1,317      

ChiefGritty

Chicago, IL
Piper Crystal Ball for Kofi to the Beloved.

(Insert Kofi's inevitable UConn commitment joke here)

This program is actually really poorly served by its bootlicking lackey media.

Piper shouldn't carry the staff's water like this, but the staff also shouldn't ask an important conduit to the fanbase to constantly light their credibility on fire.

#1,318      

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
It's just a courtesy to OA. Courtesy visit. We have a better chance of orange monkeys flying out of my butt than landing top 25 talent.

We need to have a program defining win in the B1G this year and a great finish to turn this around now.

#1,320      
This program is actually really poorly served by its bootlicking lackey media.

Piper shouldn't carry the staff's water like this, but the staff also shouldn't ask an important conduit to the fanbase to constantly light their credibility on fire.
Hopefully hes right this time but Piper is always over estimating Illinois chances at anyone. Werner really needs to take back the basketball coverage.

#1,322      
Kofi supposedly said that he really liked the Big Cookie and the Mickey Mouse chocolate chip pancakes.

#1,323      

ChiefGritty

Chicago, IL
Isn’t this most Scout/Rivals sites, though? The incentive for those guys is to keep people interested in recruiting, not be accurate.

Oh I get the site's incentive, but why does Illinois basketball want the internet goobers constantly in a frenzy over kids we're not going to get?

The Peoria Dad Eyes Wide Shut parties at Ubben are counterproductive, I feel.

#1,324      
Isn’t this most Scout/Rivals sites, though? The incentive for those guys is to keep people interested in recruiting, not be accurate.
Jeremy Werner, who is the sites CEO, is by far the best and most realistic man covering Illini sports today so I'm not sure how accurate that is. But he more or less gave up covering basketball through the site so I gave up my subscription.

#1,325      
Oh I get the site's incentive, but why does Illinois basketball want the internet goobers constantly in a frenzy over kids we're not going to get?

The Peoria Dad Eyes Wide Shut parties at Ubben are counterproductive, I feel.

I feel like if a fawning media and overly zealous 40 year old fans was problematic, schools like Indiana and Kentucky would struggle a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.