Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (November-December 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,327      

Deleted member 633632

D
It's just a courtesy to OA. Courtesy visit. We have a better chance of orange monkeys flying out of my butt than landing top 25 talent.

We need to have a program defining win in the B1G this year and a great finish to turn this around now.

Naw. I was talking to Jay Simpson today, Antigua has the juice! It was more than a courtesy visit.

#1,328      

SKane

Tennessee
I feel like if a fawning media and overly zealous 40 year old fans was problematic, schools like Indiana and Kentucky would struggle a bit more.

I think it is to sell premium subscriptions. Their moderators on their free board are pushing premium pretty often.

#1,330      
FWIW (pronounced "nothing"), Piper is 10 for 10 on crystal ball picks this year.

Yes, but that includes them changing picks last minute when info gets leaked before announcements.

A lot of guys have high CB prediction ratings but being allowed to change them right up until an announcement is made kind of invalidates their whole prediction accuracy system.

#1,333      

ChiefGritty

Chicago, IL
Yes, but that includes them changing picks last minute when info gets leaked before announcements.

A lot of guys have high CB prediction ratings but being allowed to change them right up until an announcement is made kind of invalidates their whole prediction accuracy system.

They originally did some cockamamie thing where the amount of time before the announcement added more "points" or something, to try and address that issue, but I think everyone was just more confused by it than anything.

#1,334      
On WDWS this morning, Tate made it sound like Kofi has told the coaches he is coming. He wasn’t overly confident he’d make it to signing day and finalize it.

#1,338      

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Hmmmmmmm....lemmeee seeeee..where are those orange tinted glasses of mine?

giphy.gif

#1,343      

Deleted member 633632

D
Bingo, this is the key. This means that this staff and Whitman are willing to get into the dark gray area of recruiting.

TC, all due respect, & not disputing what your saying... But that's not what i meant by juice.

#1,345      

Deleted member 633632

D
No, without going into the grey area tactics... People I've talked to say Antigua and Chin are highly credible coaches across the board!

As far as Orlando individually, when i talk to former players, coaches, AAU, talent evaluators, they all say the same thing! That coach O is a big time coach whose credentials are legit and he is respected highly along the circuits.

Every former player / coach tells me because of OA (and Chin) being here, that there's no way we should not be landing big time recruits! Guys who say they would have never considered IL under Weber or Groce would most certainly consider sending their son here now or would have played here themselves had a coach like that been here! Shows there is true power and influence in assistants... Ala Jimmy Collins.

#1,346      
No, without going into the grey area tactics... People I've talked to say Antigua and Chin are highly credible coaches across the board!

As far as Orlando individually, when i talk to former players, coaches, AAU, talent evaluators, they all say the same thing! That coach O is a big time coach whose credentials are legit and he is respected highly along the circuits.

Every former player / coach tells me because of OA (and Chin) being here, that there's now way we should not be landing big time recruits! Guys who say they would have never considered IL under Weber or Groce would most certainly consider sending there son here now or would have played here themselves had a coach like that been here! Shows there is true power and influence in assistants... Ala Jimmy Collins.

Let the flood gates open!

#1,347      

Illwinsagain

Cary, IL

Every former player / coach tells me because of OA (and Chin) being here, that there's now way we should not be landing big time recruits! Guys who say they would have never considered IL under Weber or Groce would most certainly consider sending there son here now or would have played here themselves had a coach like that been here! Shows there is true power and influence in assistants... Ala Jimmy Collins.

I love to hear this, but where are the high level commits (besides Ayo)? I am an eternal optimist, but, I am losing my mind a bit. I have taken a break from watching the games, since the debacle at the end of Braggin' Rights. I think I will continue to do so.

#1,348      

mattcoldagelli

The Transfer Portal
Since we’re on the darkest timeline already, I’m pretty confident that this is how it’ll go:

- Kofi actually verbals to Illinois
- We win 8 games this year
- Kofi verbal freezes us up on coaching staff moves
- Kofi ultimately decides to go somewhere else
-Single-digit wins next year

#1,349      
Naw. I was talking to Jay Simpson today, Antigua has the juice! It was more than a courtesy visit.

I hope this is true. But it doesn't seem like the visit went that great. Terrible time for a visit anyway. No students on campus, bad loss...just brutal. Not much that a big cookie can overcome. And I am highly suspicious that Antigua is connected enough that he gets "courtesy" interest and gets guys on campus but doesn't have the juice to get top guys to commit. Not that it's his fault but it is tough to sell Illinois right now over a Kansas or even UConn... even if the visits go well.

#1,350      

UncleBob

San Clemente, CA
Since we’re on the darkest timeline already, I’m pretty confident that this is how it’ll go:

- Kofi actually verbals to Illinois
- We win 8 games this year
- Kofi verbal freezes us up on coaching staff moves
- Kofi ultimately decides to go somewhere else
-Single-digit wins next year

Unless something changes quickly I’m afraid you might be high on number of wins. Hope I’m wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.