Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (November-December 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,351      
On WDWS this morning, Tate made it sound like Kofi has told the coaches he is coming. He wasn’t overly confident he’d make it to signing day and finalize it.

I'm sure this will go down in the long history of recruiting lore. Along with Livingston's jersey, etc.

#1,353      

sacraig

The desert
Since we’re on the darkest timeline already, I’m pretty confident that this is how it’ll go:

- Kofi actually verbals to Illinois
- We win 8 games this year
- Kofi verbal freezes us up on coaching staff moves
- Kofi ultimately decides to go somewhere else
-Single-digit wins next year

giphy.gif

#1,354      
Pretty sure we're the girl with the balloon in that .gif and Illinois Basketball is the guy.

#1,355      
I just can't fathom anything good happening in this program; in this regime.
as poorly as things have gone lately, one significant signing could turn it around. Many think there'll be a mass exodus of players on the roster after the season. I'd be interested to see what someone with real information on what's happening in the locker room says. Objectivity is a little lacking these days.

#1,358      
as poorly as things have gone lately, one significant signing could turn it around. Many think there'll be a mass exodus of players on the roster after the season. I'd be interested to see what someone with real information on what's happening in the locker room says. Objectivity is a little lacking these days.
We have only 1 poster who visits this board who knows information like that, and he correctly keeps absolutely silent about it.

The rest of us poor saps are left to make conjectures based on body language. Losing isn't fun. No wonder they players don't look happy. I wish they'd notch a victory. For their sakes as much as ours.

#1,359      
Kofi has a wide open spot at center and opportunity to put up points and rebounds in year 1. That has to be the biggest sell. Once again if nobody transfers there are decent parts. The strategy on the defense had to change. Can live with the offense, but need to feed the post, drive, or make the open shots.

#1,360      
It's just a courtesy to OA. Courtesy visit. We have a better chance of orange monkeys flying out of my butt than landing top 25 talent.

Agree, I just changed my crystal ball to the guy with 25 orange monkeys on his back end.

#1,361      

Deleted member 500209

D
Kofi commits, signs, Khalil Whitney (yet unsigned, I believe,) signs with UI. Key parts stay at UI, unnecessary/problematic parts transfer (you can determine those pieces in your own mind), tourney team next year. Miller comes. Final Four in 2020. Illinois loyalty is pleasant and forgiving of typos and open to others opinions.

#1,362      

sacraig

The desert
Kofi commits, signs, Khalil Whitney (yet unsigned, I believe,) signs with UI. Key parts stay at UI, unnecessary/problematic parts transfer (you can determine those pieces in your own mind), tourney team next year. Miller comes. Final Four in 2020. Illinois loyalty is pleasant and forgiving of typos and open to others opinions.

*others'

#1,363      

giphy.gif

#1,364      

skyIdub

Winged Warrior

Did you steal my orange tinted glasses???!!!

#1,369      

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
I guess, maybe, if there's one giant bright light of hope in this dark, deep, dark....really dark tunnel...it's that any big time recruit can look at this team and see an easy path to big minutes.

#1,370      

sacraig

The desert

“And they recruited the crap out of him. They’ve been at every single one of his games. They’ve been down at Oak Hil, they’ve been at all his AAU games. They really, really recruited him. They really showed that they wanted him. And it’s like I told Kofi, always look at who really wants you, not who you want.”

I think we know why Underwood hasn't spent a lot of time with the Chicago 2020+ guys so far. If (big if) we actually land Cockburn, I think we would all agree that is the right call.

#1,372      

Sure, all of the things in the first four sentences are possible, and some even plausible.

But the last line is simply a bridge too far: you have a higher probability of winning both the PowerBall and the MegaMillions playing the exact same numbers in the same week.

#1,373      

Deleted member 645583

D
If this is New Year's Eve and tomorrow is New Year's Day I must be watching a Twilight Zone marathon. And so I am, I think. "Monsters Are Due on Maple Street" aired a while ago. Illini need a monster in the middle. Here's hoping Kofi is that guy.

#1,374      

I Bomb

Stylin' and Profilin'
Cockburn would be huge. I guess it's never too late to dream, lol. But that guy, to me, looks like he would just abuse all but the premier big men in any P5 conference from a physical standpoint.

#1,375      

Deleted member 645583

D
Yes
Cockburn would be huge. I guess it's never too late to dream, lol. But that guy, to me, looks like he would just abuse all but the premier big men in any P5 conference from a physical standpoint.
Yes. Sequoia! 290 pounds, they say. That presence in the middle will (or should) open up the offense and certainly help the defense. But yes, you're right, Right now now it's a dream of landing the big guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.